2010 Spring Clave - IN THE BOOKS [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 2010 Spring Clave - IN THE BOOKS

juro
05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... :)

In any case, it was FUN. Dinner was quite shi-shi for us and a nice change. Next year we will do a cookout one night and this type of dinner the other night.

Rationale being that there is acquaintance and information sharing to be had - where the acquaintances are the focus on the first night and good intel to share the second.

Hope everyone had a great time! Striper season is OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY.

http://flyfishingforum.com/destinations/capecod/chatham/striper003.jpg

striblue
05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Juro, thanks for all that work in setting up the dinner and location. The three choices was great and food good. A great change from the usual cookout.

juro
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
It's a labor of love :smokin:

Members can reciprocate by being overly enthusiastic about flyfishing and passing the torch to the next generation.

Side note: isn't my camera baddassss??

Jim Miller
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Just got home...
Thanks Juro and all the participants for a great time. Nice to see old and new faces.

Juro ....thanks again for the tour de cape.....good times and laughs! Good luck with the Jeep!

I talked with Todd via cell around noon. His stated his senses were overwhelmed by the size and numbers of bass he was seeing! News at 11. :D

Till next time

Jim

PopnesetBay
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Juro, it may be a labor of love but what a great job you did organizing the Sat nite dinner. That just didn't happen and I am sure took some concentrated effort. John, for the Rip Trip on Saturday, my thanks for your efforts. To all the new friends I met, what a wonderful bunch guys. I hope to see all more often. Paul, Jim, thanks for putting up with me on Friday and hope that next year the tides will be better so I can really learn the art of Spey casting. Really, thanks to everyone who participated as it was your presence that makes the Spring Clave what it is. Tight Lines to everyone, your company was appreciated.

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

vtloon
05-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Monday morning in my yak on the high tide on an eastern Bayside flat....surrounded by Stripers from 3 to ? 25#..... was I safe, would they attack ? Well, eventually four out of the many hundreds did. Very surreal at times: cast to a swirl and a 200' by 200' mass of fish erupts; cast to a high 30's (maybe 40) cruiser..he accelerates to the fly, turns and tracks it, follows, follows , follows, does not eat. (by this time I was down to 14# tippet).
Quite a mixture of exhilaration and frustration, but all in all a very memorable experience.

It was a great Clave; they just keep getting better. Thanks for all the hard work from Juro, John et al.