Pleasant Bay - Chatham [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Pleasant Bay - Chatham

flyflicker
05-19-2010, 09:15 AM
One of my favorite spots for early season stripers, for many many years, was Pleasant Bay near Strong Island or the Scattaree Landing area. Since the new Nauset break occurred it seems the water is totally different and I have not had as good angling in those spots.
Has anyone been there this season yet and how has the fishing been?

(You may PM me)

Thanks a lot.
Bill

juro
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree with the familiar early season behavior, but the migratory activity is better and the dog days are awesome right through the summer. I'd go further up for the early season behavior you're used to, or hit the refuge when it fills up with arrivals.

Paxton
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
This post made me realize just how many places there are to fish at the Cape...the above, I never even heard of. Makes me wonder if I took 10 years and had daily opportunity to fish in season....would it be possible to even put a dent into exploring all the possibilities on the Cape? Just amazing and awesome!!!

juro
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Ron, I have a hard time deciding which way to head in Chatham alone!

flyflicker
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I agree, Chatham is so amazing.. there are more places to fish than almost imaginable. When you add in the rest of the Cape it becomes well beyond belief. A fisherman's dream place for sure.

Have you guys heard of fish arriving near the Stage Harbor inlet? Is that actually the Oyster River extension

Bill?

polareyez
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
This post made me realize just how many places there are to fish at the Cape...the above, I never even heard of. Makes me wonder if I took 10 years and had daily opportunity to fish in season....would it be possible to even put a dent into exploring all the possibilities on the Cape? Just amazing and awesome!!!

Dad, we've been to all those places. You just don't remember any more. :chuckle:

Paxton
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Guys.....given my "son's" post above...it clearly explains why he was permanently stricken from the will. :D