SPRING CLAVE RIP TRIPS - SIGN UP HERE [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: SPRING CLAVE RIP TRIPS - SIGN UP HERE


striblue
05-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Jim Simms just told me that the pre-clave trip has been cancelled....so we are back to the trips for the Clave...... During Saturday of the Clave there is a Canal outing......so thr Rip Trip can pick up any slack or those who are not planning on the Canal trip..... With all the guys we should plan on two trips, one on Saturday and one on Sunday...and.... since we have numbers.... we can set it up at a moments notice...like Friday Night for Saturday and finalize numbers during the saturday night clave dinner...I know that Mike Oliver and a bunch of UK guys will have priority on both trips...but lets set up a Sign on sheet now and we know we can be flexible.... if we have large numbers those who go on Saturday will waive the Sunday trip for those not in on the Saturday trip...naturally, some might get to do both only if they want and the spaces are there... weather is aways a problem.... SO THIS SIGN UP SHEET IS FOR BOTH DAYS.....JUST SIGN ON TO INDICATE WHAT DAYS YOU WOULD LIKE....and remember we will be able to juggle the numbers because of all the guys around.... we should simply just start here. I will be there...Simms will not be there on Saturday because of the Canal outing....but he would love to go on Sunday... stuff like that.

PEC54
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
is for Friday May 21st. Come on John get wid da program ha.

petevicar
05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Yes the Canal meeting is on Friday.
However put me on the list for one of the days.

Pete

FishHobby
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
John,

If this weekend ends up completely canceled, please put me on for either day next weekend. If we make it this Sunday though, I'll be out. Got to spend one weekend working on the house....

-Phil

PopnesetBay
05-14-2010, 11:01 AM
If there is to be a Rip Trip on the Clave weekend I would like to be signed up for the Saturday trip only
Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

highway61
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Please include me the clave rip trip....

Steve

highway61
05-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Forgot to add that I would prefer sat.

striblue
05-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Just to be sure about any confusions......back on April 1 I posted a thread on the Clave Rip Trips. Here is what I said abput how we were going to set it up>

"I will contact Keith next week for a talk on this subject. I hope that it is possible to schedule a Rip Trip during the Clave and if there is more interest perhaps two. Mike Oliver and the UK guys will be placed on any list if we set up a sign up. Since all the Guys will be around we might just be able to do that at a moments notice during the beginning of the clave. I will talk about numbers with Keith as he has posted previously that changes maybe possible in the number catagory this year. I suspect that we can get full boats during the clave but let wait and see. So standby. Juro and JimS will also be around ."

So, we will look at two days since I have the Canal Outing wrong... It is friday and not Saturday...I go that sat date from Jim S. So a rip trip can be scheduled for two days. The UK Guys only make up three guys....

striblue
05-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Right Now.... for the Rip Weekend, I have Me, JimS (since he had the Canal outing wrong), Mike Oliver, Hughs and Cooper (UK GUYS), Highway61, Popnesset, Phil (FishHobby), Petevicar...need one more. That all right now on this list. We need 20 (or 24) for both days. I forget , and will check with keith if it is 10 or 12 per trip... I think it is 10. You know we have drop outs and guys who want to switch days, etc.... My plan will be to finalize everything This week and finalize any Sunday trip at Saturday nights dinner.... We have in the past had two trips on one weekend because the weather DID cooperate as amazing at that sounds now.

alosa52
05-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi John
I wish to sign up myself and two others for a rip trip. We could go either day or even Monday in a pinch.
Larry

tight-lines
05-15-2010, 09:09 AM
John, If you could squeeze Lou and I in for Saturday that would be great.

Joe

striblue
05-15-2010, 10:49 PM
OK, The weather is looking good for the weekend... as of the extended forcast....We have more sign ups since my last post.....We will try some juggling as we get to weeks end...that is.... move people who can make both days to make slots for those who can only do one.

grizz0707
05-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Hi John
Count me in for Saturday. Thanks

Arthur Robert
05-16-2010, 09:05 AM
John, I would like to be included for one of the trips,either day Art

PopnesetBay
05-16-2010, 10:08 AM
John, thanks for going thru the hassle of putting this together. As I said in signup post, I can ONLY do Saturday for a 'Rip Trip'. Hope it is 12 per trip!
Pete Readel
PopnesetBay

jimS
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
John, Keith can take 12. Put me down as an alternate on Saturday. If you manage Saturdays trip, I'll do Sunday.

striblue
05-19-2010, 08:29 AM
OK, Saturday trip booked up with Me, Petevicar, Mike Oliver, Hughes,FishHobby, Popnesetbay, highway61, alosa, plus 2, tightlines. and lou........ That makes 12...griz and Art and jms are on the bubble.... I will wait for Friday to speak to keith and suspect that the time will be leaving sharp at 7:30... and I will confirm cost, which with 12 is 50 each. But I need to confirm all this.

FishHobby
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Awesome. Hoping for good weather and looking forward to meeting folks for the first time.

-Phil

grizz0707
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
John,
Have work emergency and will not be on the cape this weekend. Thanks Chuck

fliboy
05-21-2010, 04:50 AM
John - there seems to be some csncellations. Is there an opening for Sat at thus time?

striblue
05-21-2010, 07:23 AM
See my post directly above...it looks like Grizz cancelled and he was on the bubble anyway>>> we have 12 now...we have never had a no show if we are on...despite that... if you or anyone else is around Chatham and want to make a final check, just show up at the refuge at 6:30 or 7 at the latest... and see if we have a no show. That's all I can suggest but as of this morning it looks like we will finally pull one off. I will call keith this morning and will post a go or no go this evening.... I think it will be a go.... after I call keith I will post the exact time of departure and final cost.... this is a cash deal.

Edit....Just spoke to Keith and we are on....He will make a final "WIND" check tonight at 5 pm and I will be in contact with him this evening....The departure is 7 am SHARP since he has to take others out at 8.... Arrive at the refuge at 6 am to give you time to gear up and to be sure we leave at 7 sharp.... if you don"t make 7 sharp you will be disappointed and I will draft a guy who happens to be there..... 12 guys...$50 each....also, bring wire as Blues are showing up at the rip as well. But the place is packing up with fish..... I have not done a tide check but don't care. Lunch, water, >>>bring all your usual all day stuff... Someone should bring an extra rod in case we have a rod break...to lend out.....First aid kit is a must....also I will have a cell and VHS radio.

FishHobby
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Awesome. I will have 2 Rods, but they're a 9 and an 8. Will also bring a First Aid kit.

Rip Ryder
05-21-2010, 06:14 PM
As of the 6:30pm forecast we are a go. Will have to see if the forecast is actual in the morning, as those around know, the last few days have seen the wind forecasts have been off.

Meet at 6am, boat leaves at 7am. Just a reminder to leave your rods broken down until you arrive on the island, as we have had rod casualties on the ride out in the past.

See you all in the morning.

Capt Keith

Paul J
05-22-2010, 03:30 AM
Have fun guys, looking forward to the reports

PJ