: Monomoy - camping
Just booked a group site w/ up to 30 campers in Nickerson for June 10th (sat) for those who might want to stay within short striking distance of the flats. (fee per camper = .00, it's on me this time).
Let me know if you are interested in camping in the park for the Monomoy Clave. Drive up convenience, great trout fishing too. General store, facilities, boat launch, all that - but probably won't be staying in the campsite too long in the morning.
Currently working an exclusive shuttle arrangement at the recommendation of Sean Fields w/ early departure availability.
Please confirm your interest by replying to this thread if you do not appear on the list I've compiled from the earlier thread.
(3) Jeff Roop
(5) Jeff G
(6) Doug B
(8) mccaff (jim)
(10) bob pink / boat
(12) brendan / boat
(19) Sean F
If you are unable to make the 10th or 11th of June, please reply to clarify.
We got room for ten more campers - and the shuttle capacity will not be a problem. We are working on a special deal for clavers to save some $$ over the already affordable $15 fee for the ride to the refuge each day.
Tides for the 10th are a little after 7am at the point, giving us the outgoing all morning.
Aaron? Powers? Anyone else?
04-26-2000, 06:44 PM
I am definitely out--I have a wedding out of town and will be gone that weekend. I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I will be there the week before though on flats trip and will be glad to give you guys as detailed of a report as I can muster as to good tides, patterns, spots etc.
I will reccomend ahead of time bringing some wire tippet material--last year at the end of May I took a 38" bluefish in about two feet of water. What a blast, I set the hook and he jammed his head into the sand with his tail sticking about 8-9" out of the water trying to grind out the hook, and then took off on a looooong run for deeper water. Classic early season blue--head the size of a football with a skinny little racer body. (someday when I am fly2k compliant, I'll get a damn scanner for my pictures...).
Skip the lighter rods too, the wind was 30 knots before noon!
Thanks Jeff, for the clarification and the report! There's a possibility I might run into you that weekend, if my family is on cape I'll be taking a trip out to investigate some of the changes brought about this winter. I'll probably do that earlier, but that's a candidate for a scout trip just the same.
bob pink / boat
brendan / boat
04-26-2000, 07:01 PM
I am in.
04-26-2000, 08:10 PM
I'm in for at least one day. I'll know about overnight camping when the date gets a little bit closer.
04-26-2000, 08:10 PM
Definitely still in!!
I'm in! Most likely a "one day....no camping". Can't wait!
04-27-2000, 06:23 AM
I'm in for Saturday, 6/10 & can be in Brewster/Chatham as early as necessary that morning. Overnight looks less likely for me as well.
I think my brother-in-law would like to join in as well if there's still room. Pls let me know.
04-27-2000, 09:05 AM
Count me in for at least the 10th. At this time, I will not be staying over at Nickerson though as it is a pretty easy ride down for me. I am going to be on the Vineyard the following week so I do not want to push the envelope on the home front too much !!
Let me know if I can help in any way...........
Glad you can make it, I think I read the wrong "can't make it" thread and left you off the list based on that.
Anyway... Yer' IN!
Pete w/ Jeff (not Pete from Calgary)
Doug B - day
bob pink / boat
brendan / boat
todD - day
tod's brother in law - day
04-27-2000, 12:17 PM
I am definitely in! As usual let me know if there is anything I can do to help with planning or executing. Thanks for the work!
04-27-2000, 04:49 PM
I will have to beg the indulgence of the clavemeister to permit me to fence-sit. I love camping, I love claves. I'd offer to pay for a spot and miss it if I have to, but you've generously taken care of that.
I'll get off the fence soon. Lotsa life stuff going on.
04-27-2000, 05:06 PM
Hey Juro - great idea, perfect time of year, great tide. Unfortunately, I'm going to be just getting back into town that Friday night after a long trip, so I won't be able to make it. You know it's for real when I can't make a Monomoy trip!
04-27-2000, 09:42 PM
Sorry I won't be able to make the camping gig on that date. Previous engeagement for the next day. http://220.127.116.11/images/flytalk/Sad.gif
I could drive down and fish the one day though. Doug you want to get together and day trip?
I'm in. Is there room for a pop up camper? If not I'll tent it.
Sounds good to me. I'll drive. Sunday would be the better of the two days. Let me know.
04-28-2000, 12:54 PM
I am still in. No overnight, I'll be driving from the Cotuit area one of the two days.
I will not be able to make it either day- forgot about a previous commitment. ronl
i'm so outta here
04-29-2000, 07:30 AM
I am SO in! Is it June yet?
05-03-2000, 09:41 AM
I'm in if there is any room left!
Pls see new thread for current status.