Ideas for Spring Clave Dinner HQ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ideas for Spring Clave Dinner HQ?

juro
04-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Due to the closure of the Stone Horse, I'm looking for new ideas for where to hold the annual Saturday night barbeque event.

I haven't heard of anyone renting a place like we had last year (huge yard, deck, grills, parking, etc)

There are a number of public parks (e.g. Oyster River park) but I'd have to check night-time usage rules and there's no guarantee of weather in May.

I'll be contacting Del Mar (right there on 28, formerly Roobar) about use of their outside tent area and food / bar service as one idea but I have no idea what the guidelines for such use would be until I stop in and talk to them.

We could also do the pit in the Squire, but we'd have to take whatever was open since they don't reserve tables and most years the pit would be too small for us anyway.

I'll ask friends in the know, but if you have any suggestions please post thanks.

petevicar
04-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Sorry, this year I have booked a hotel room.

juro
04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I drove by the Del Mar on lunch break. The patio tent area looks ideal, I'll speak to the mgmt this weekend.

Guernseybass
04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
What about the pool area at the 'shoals ?

jrobert
04-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Sorry i dont have any ideas for the dinner but would be available to assist. I do want to ask if anyone would like to share a room since I will be coming alone this year.
BobTait
jtait1@roadrunner.com

JimD
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Bob,
Don't know if you will recognize the JimD moniker. You may remember that my son, Jeff and I spent a fine day fishing with you, Jim Simms and Todd (VTLoon) at Wellfleet.....not to mention a little fishing research later at the Squire.

I saw your post regarding a room. Todd and I reserved 2 rooms at Handkerchief Shoals for Friday May 21 through Monday. It could be longer if desired. Jim Miller is roosting with Todd. My son is now unable to come so you are welcome to double up with me. If you don't relate to the moniker, JimD. I am the tall skinny one lacking adequate hair.

Regards,
Jim Dudley

Guernseybass
04-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Jim, I think I enjoyed some of your fine VT beer and chatted with your son about trapping ?

Mark - the younger English one :hihi:

Satisfaction
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
You folks don't know me as yet but I plan on coming down from VT as well, I will bring growlers of home-brew as it is my way of making friends.

Marcus

JimD
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Mark,

Right on; good memory! Unfortunately Jeff can't make it this year.
I'll see you there and we can chat.

Were you also the better looking English one but just too humble to say it? :chuckle:

Best,
Jim