Any musicians out there? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Any musicians out there?

juro
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I know Adrian is an accomplished guitar player, and Dave17 can play blues like he was born on the delta.

I've been keeping sane during the winter months by composing songs. I probably should have been tying flies :p

Post your links if you have any to share!

Eric
04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
(I think we've had this thread before.)

Yeah. Don't know if I qualify as a musician or not, but I play trombone in a couple of bands, Pacific Coast Wind Ensemble and Yachats Big Band.

Fun. Challenging. Keeps me insane.

Cheers,

Eric

juro
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Anything online Eric? I'd like to check it out.

(Attention span is rather short when I am doing drive-by posts sorry)

Adrian
04-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I really must get some stuff recorded ....

Eric
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry, Juro. I really didn't mean to criticize. It has been a while.

Anyway, here's a clip of the swing band I'm in (Yachats Big Band). I'm not playing in the video, so they sound really good!

The visual aspect is poor, but the audio is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cxZLirB5_U

Cheers,

Eric

juro
04-10-2010, 02:13 PM
None taken - very enjoyable number thanks for posting.

Gseries69
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't call myself a musician but love to play guitar.

Fingers are actually sore today...

BigDave
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I like to strum the git-fiddle.

highway61
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Well, I am no musician - can't play a lick. But I have a life long interest in music, especiallly music that comes out of the Mississippi delta, hence my handle, highway 61. I was 16 when my older cousin somehow got me into the cafe wha in Manhatten to see Muddy Waters. I was transfixed. Since then I have come to appreciate music across the musical spectrum. With that thought in mind I was wondering if any of the music lovers on the forum know about a syndicated program on NPR stations called American Routes. On my local NPR station it is played at 8pm every saturday night. The host of the show is Nick Spitzer, a folk lorist, out of New Orleans. Every saturday he offers up a mix of blues, cajun, jazz, bluegrass, folk, old rock and country and much more. Along with the tunes he plays interviews with the likes of Sonny Boy Williamson to Mearle Haggard to Louis Armstrong. It has been aired since 1998 and all the shows are archived so that you can listen to any program at any time of day or night. Here is the link: http://americanroutes.publicradio.org/ ......Enjoy

Steve