RIP TRIP SIGN UP POST - Pre-clave, 5/15 - 5/16 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RIP TRIP SIGN UP POST - Pre-clave, 5/15 - 5/16

striblue
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Please SIGN ON HERE...for a Rip Trip on May 15 or 16. this is a PRE-CLAVE trip. This is NOT the sign up post for the Clave Rip trip(s). I spoke with Keith today and he will go on Saturday, May 15 with a BACKUP date of May 16. If we have a full boat on Saturday, no trip will be scheduled for the 16, if the 15 is cancelled then we go the 16th.....for those signed on the 15th who CAN NOT make the backup date of the 16th, we will fill the slots on the 16th with those who signed on for the 15th and who can go on the 16th. The rest will be filled with alternates in order of sign ups. So please indicate which dates you can make. If all you can do is make the 16th, still sign on since your slot may still come up if the 15th is cancelled. I hope all of you can understand this, because as I type I am getting confused.:Eyecrazy: :wink: MAXIMUM - 12 guys....more details to follow as we approach the dates.

striblue
03-28-2010, 03:31 PM
First two sign ups are striblue (me) and Jim Simms. If you have friends who want to go you can sign them up...just don't sign up 10 guys....if you know what I mean.

highway61
03-28-2010, 04:29 PM
John,

Count me in for the rip trip on 15th and 16th of May.

Steve

woodtac
03-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the effort to coordinate this. Please add my name to the list for this trip.

flydoc
03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Tides look real good for a Rip Trip that weekend (early afternoon highs, with negative AM lows), so please sign me on. Hopefully the weather will be as good as the tides:wink:

Adrian
03-29-2010, 07:07 AM
O.K...... I'll be there :)

pacman
03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
John,

Please count me in (15th&16th).

Pacman

Penguin
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
to stand by...
Kindly put me on das LIST...

NOT wanting to displace any aspiring transoceanic cousins, I'd be willing to walk the plank and relinquish my spot on fair notice...

Don't miss das boat...
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/Picture4.png

striblue
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I am signing up David Seybold, a friend and the guy helping me rejuvenate the History of the saltwater fly. He is staying at CAC. We have 9 right now... where is FishHawk now that he is an "owner" ? and Juro? You live down the street. Juro ,If you don"t sign on I will go to the Squire on Friday night and post a sign that will say... " Big Daytime party at Juro's come one come all..free booze, Saturday May 15th.... be there or be square".

juro
04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Haha! Go ahead knock yourselves out - I'll have the Ketel One bottles filled with tap water, the tequila bottles filled with apple juice and the beer bottles filled with p*** :lildevl:

My daughter graduates that week (beaming proudly), I can't make it.

I'll be around for the clave the week after though.

alosa52
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I wish that I could go on this rip trip also but my daughter is getting married that weekend and I'm sure they would miss me. Besides I'm not sure I have any money left.
Have a great time
Larry

Mike Oliver
04-03-2010, 05:30 AM
alosa52,

Come out of denial buddy, you must be offically broke. I am trembling every year now as I have two daughters one 23 and 25. Whats wrong with cohabiting for Pete's sake.

Hope the wedding goes famously well.

Mike

FishHawk
04-03-2010, 06:25 AM
I'll be fishing with another owner at his secret UDL. FishHawk:smokin:

striblue
04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
What a Party pooper....I know where that location is... I will post it so your buddies can join you..:lildevl: :wink:

Paxton
04-03-2010, 08:00 PM
2 comments:
1.John...how many can go on the rip trip? Asking in case Garry and I can go...thanks
2. Larry...FYI, I survived my daughter's wedding....I kept on asking her...are you sure you wouldn't rather have a fully loaded Toyota Camry with leather seats?:hihi: It was a great day however and went too fast.
One suggestion Larry.....you may want to do this too.....just prior to walking down the isle....I leaned to my daughter who was quite excited and nervous, and said to her: "I have one important thing to say before we start walking"...I got THAT face, you know the one that all women have a gene for :)
Then I said to her..."walk very slowly.....this wedding cost a lot, we want our money's worth"
Well...we all laughed and she became relaxed.

striblue
04-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Pax...12 is the max...we have 9 right now so with you and garry that would make 11. Fishhawk will not go...not the same guy that was with me at Normandy or R and R in Craque de Chavailier, or in Bengazi....

gjs
04-04-2010, 07:49 AM
I would like to sign up. Saturday or Sunday works for me. Thanks.
Greg

Paxton
04-04-2010, 07:51 AM
John....count Garry and I in, if something comes up, I/we will let you know ASAP, well before the trip. Thanks,
Ron

FishHawk
04-04-2010, 08:01 AM
I hope that I'm allowed back on future trips but I couldn't pass up this invite to fish a top secret UDL. :smokin: FishHawk

striblue
04-04-2010, 11:11 AM
We have 12 now... guys should still sign up because of the no shows..or those that have to cancel.

polareyez
04-06-2010, 08:18 AM
I think Fishhawk is sneaking out somewhere with some pink sluggos....:hihi:

juro
04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
http://flyfishingforum.com/miscellaneous/siren_animated.gif

*** WARNING - A PROHIBITED TERM HAS BEEN POSTED ***

The server has been shut down until it can be hosed down and disinfected.

PEC54
04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I hope that I'm allowed back on future trips but I couldn't pass up this invite to fish a top secret UDL. :smokin: FishHawk
There are no secret UDL's anymore , just forgotten locations due to senility.:hihi:

vtloon
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
a "top secret UDL".

Fishawk, redundancy will get you nowhere! You must repent.

FishHawk
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes , I must.:whoa: I'll have to walk to the end of South Beach alone and without guidance. :Eyecrazy: But perhaps , my fellow townie from Harwich Capt. Kieth will help me out. :hihi: :roll: FishHawk:smokin: Paul there are some Secret UDL's and over a "wee dram or two" I'll spill the beans. :whoa: For your ears only. :D :razz:
And we patriots from the colonies will not tell the Brits where these location are.
:wink:

Mike Oliver
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Fishhawk,

That's ok we understand. The special relationship is now dead. LOL We will still plunder your Stripers even without your tip offs. But maybe a drop of single malt may change your mind.

Cheers

Mike

martinc
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm new to the forum. What is a rip trip?

Martin

juro
04-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi Martin -

It's this: http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/index.htm

and it's here: http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=KqK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=monomoy%20point&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/Pointrip2000/marvins/full/marvin-2.jpg

martinc
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Great photos. What a trip!

Thanks

Martin

Paul J
04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
And we patriots from the colonies will not tell the Brits where these location are

Hmmm, we are going to have to sort this out over tea

Kelly kettles at dawn:wink:

PJ

Jim Miller
04-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Great Thread....
Very funny sideline!
How's the riptrip for the clave shaping up....is this first trip to scout it out?

striblue
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Jimmy, this would be a sort of scouting trip. The Clave trip will have a sign up shortly before the Clave... so hope you watch the forum and if you are planning on the the Clave, you should give it some thought..

flydoc
04-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Jimmy, this would be a sort of scouting trip. The Clave trip will have a sign up shortly before the Clave... so hope you watch the forum and if you are planning on the the Clave, you should give it some thought..

John will also be scouting out the level of biting insect activity by fishing in his usual bare-legged mode:devil:
Flydoc

FishHobby
04-16-2010, 08:53 AM
John, I realize you have a full trip, but please put me down as an alternate for either day. 15th or 16th.

-Phil

striblue
05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Besides the tides...can anyone post an extended forcast...if possible.

Adrian
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
John, acording to weather.com, its going to be showers with winds generally Southerly at < 10mph.

I would put the odds of that being accurate about the same as my chances of winning the powerball. :roll:

But as Penguin would say - weshallsee ...:)

flydoc
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Regretfully, I must withdraw my name from the list for the 5/15 Rip Trip. I received a much smaller check from my office manager than I was expecting (malpractice premium and office expenses up, earnings down), and will likely have to borrow some cash from my parents to make it through the month. I'm still planning on doing the Spring Clave, but can't in all good conscience do BOTH on my parents' tab. Furthermore, I really need that weekend to catch up on housework/yardwork- I had to release the landscaping company that was mowing my lawn twice a month last year, and the grass is getting a bit tall- I'm on duty all this weekend, so the 15th will be the first chance I get to do the mowing- and by then I may need a machete just to trim it down to knee level first.
Please contact the first person on the waiting list so they can take my spot.
See y'all at the Clave.
Flydoc

FishHobby
05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Sorry to hear you are out. John, don't know what your waitlist looks like, but I can fill the flydocs space on this pre-clave rip-trip.

FishHobby
05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi All. Just wondering how this trip was shaping up for Saturday/Sunday. Weather report looks like Sunday might be a decent day. Saturday is forcasted to be breazy. Not sure if there is an open slot for me to tag along. If there is, this would be my first trip with the group and I would look forward to meeting folks. If not, no problem. - Phil

striblue
05-11-2010, 02:39 PM
With Doc out , I think you are in>>.I will speak with Simms on Thursday>>>>I may have to drop out because of personal matters and my need to be in Winchester...I will know more by Thursday.

Paxton
05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
John...for us long distance travelers (Garry and myself)....does the ship leave at 7 a.m.???
Ron (Paxton)

FishHobby
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
With Doc out , I think you are in>>.I will speak with Simms on Thursday>>>>I may have to drop out because of personal matters and my need to be in Winchester...I will know more by Thursday.

Thanks John. Hope all is okay. I may be going just as a day trip from Winchester. So, if it helps your situation to try and do that and ride down together, give me a shout.

jimS
05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Ron & Garry, the shuttle for the Rip Trip generally leaves at 7:30 a.m. If there is a change, either myself or Striblue will post. Weather looks good for Saturday, and the migration has started, with big fish in the area. In fact, birds are working the bait in the rip, according to a reliable source. Generally, that means there are fish underneath the birds.

Currently there are 10 plus signed up for the trip. I'll talk to Keith again on Thursday p.m., but in a conversation today he indicated that the wind would be the determining factor for Saturday.

Any questions, comment, concerns about the trip, direct them to this thread.

gjs
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi,
Since this is my first trip to South Monomoy with you guys I was wondering about few details. Do we meet in the Rip Ryder parking lot at 7:00 AM? How much is the trip? Do we stay till 5/5:30? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you all on Saturday (or Sunday)
Greg

jimS
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the questions that should have been addressed earlier. QWe meet at the Monomoy Island Wildlife Reuge no later than 7 a.m. for departure at 7:30 a.m. Typically we return to the parking lot ~ 5 p.m. This is subject to weather related time from the island to mainland. Cost of the trip is $50.

As a reminder, bring lunch, water, rain gear, sunscreen, and be prepared to walk a mile from the drop-off to the pickup point. If weather dramatically changes, i.e. wind from the west/sw picksups significantly, there is a real possibility that a 7-8 mile walk is required for a safe pickup.

We'll post an update Thursday p.m. or Friday.

gjs
05-13-2010, 08:17 AM
jimS
Thanks for the info.
Greg

polareyez
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=jimS]Ron & Garry, the shuttle for the Rip Trip generally leaves at 7:30 a.m. If there is a change, either myself or Striblue will post. Weather looks good

Thanks Jim see you soon

striblue
05-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I will call JimS today but I must drop out of this weekend, and will be at the Clave trip....I will also speak to Keith and get out numbers for next weekend. I know tomorrow , if it goes off, should be banner.... I need the time this weekend to get my home ready to sell in Winchester since I bought a new home in Pine Hills in Plymouth and a place I am unaccustom to living in.... a place with bathrooms for every bedroom and open living.... also will be only 40 minutes from Chatham instead of the usual hour and 45 minutes from Winchester..... and my own Flyfishing "Man " room with fireplace and oak walls and library type bookcases....Good luck and I am anxious for the great report. see you all at the Clave.

jimS
05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Talked to Keith this a.me. He indicatede Howling NW wind predicted for tomorrow. If enough interest, (10 minimum) we could plan on Sunday. Wind is forecast to lie down 5-10. Reply to this thread is there is interest.

FishHobby
05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Talked to Keith this a.me. He indicatede Howling NW wind predicted for tomorrow. If enough interest, (10 minimum) we could plan on Sunday. Wind is forecast to lie down 5-10. Reply to this thread is there is interest.

I can do Sunday 5/16. Does seem like it has a better weather forecast...

gjs
05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
The weather forecast for Sunday looks better.

I'm in if you all go.

Greg

Paxton
05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Jim...Garry and I are able, willing, open, interested, panting to go Sunday if Saturday is called off. Howling winds does not sound too good, esp out there.
Please, if necessary, give an official cancel re saturday so we don't drive down needlessly.
Thanks
Ron (Paxton)

woodtac
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Sunday works fine for me.

Adrian
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Sunday doesn't look so good for me as I need to be on the road late morning or early afternoon.

Hope you guys make it to the tip :smokin:

highway61
05-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I can do sunday.....

Steve

Paxton
05-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I do think that makes 7 so far.....someone beat the bushes!!! :-)

polareyez
05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Who has the alternates list? :chuckle:

jimS
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
If we don't meet our minimum of 10 for Sunday ($60 each or $50 each for12), South Beach or N. Monomoy are options via the Rip Ryder. There are bass in both places. Launch time is 8 a.m.

woodtac
05-15-2010, 08:44 AM
As a heads up--if it does not appear that we have a"quorum" for this trip by around 4:00 PM this afternoon, I will probably not head down to the Cape. I hope that we can get three more bodies able to go as I would love to do this.

jimS
05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
As of 4 p.m. today, it appears that we do not have the minimum of 10 for Sunday's Rip Trip. Striblue is organizing a Rip Trip for next weekend on another thread.

If you are planning on coming to the Cape anyway, I can tell you that there are fresh fish at the elbow.

gjs
05-15-2010, 07:01 PM
jimS

Is Capt. Keith taking guys to South Beach or N. Monomoy @ 8 AM tomorrow morning whether we sign up or not? And if so are any of the guys who signed up for the canceled rip trip going tomorrow?

Thanks.

Greg

FishHobby
05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Greg, I'm going to hold off now until next weekend. I think a couple folks who signed up for the canceled rip trip are not going down for tomorrow anyway.