03-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I will contact Keith next week for a talk on this subject. I hope that it is possible to schedule a Rip Trip during the Clave and if there is more interest perhaps two. Mike Oliver and the UK guys will be placed on any list if we set up a sign up. Since all the Guys will be around we might just be able to do that at a moments notice during the beginning of the clave. I will talk about numbers with Keith as he has posted previously that changes maybe possible in the number catagory this year. I suspect that we can get full boats during the clave but let wait and see. So standby. Juro and JimS will also be around .
03-27-2010, 11:50 AM
That's a great idea. I will be done with two friends and we'd be ready to go. Sat, Sun, maybe Mon.
03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
John- please add me on for any Rip Trip planned for the Clave weekend (Fri-Sun). It's been awhile since I've fished the Rip:o
03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
If there is room I would like to go. I have been trying for a year and a half to make a trip but weather, as you know, has been an issue.
03-27-2010, 03:45 PM
My thinking is that, weather permitting, we COULD get everyone that wants to go on a trip....a lot of guys show up for the clave and if we have to schedule ...say three trips.... with one different group each time, then it will work....that is what would be optimal....so as I say, standby, and lets see how this pans out.
03-28-2010, 11:52 AM
I am getting PM's and Emails with messages to sign people up. As in the past we have , for years, made this fair by a sign up sheet a week or two before the scheduled trip. A sign up sheet has always worked best with people on the bubble. We should continue with what works....with the exception of Mike Oliver and three other guys from the UK, who are only here for the clave from oversees, I will include them in the first trip...ALL OTHERS SHOULD SIGN ON WHEN I POST A SPECIFIC sign up sheet....I can not manage jumping form PM's , to emails, etc. I will screw it up and piss people off. It much easier to manage a sign up sheet ...with alternates. Beside...we are hopeful to have more than one trip so it should work...naturally weather has always been the problem. So about two weeks before I will post a sign on sheet.
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
John, just advise that it is me and two other Brits not three, who would like to go on the list for the Rip trip over the Clave period please.