Interest in an April Acklins trip? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Interest in an April Acklins trip?

juro
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone interested in a 'tweener trip to Felton's lodge in April? Stripers don't get going here until late May. With the cold fronts down there this winter, things were only just beginning as we left mid-week.

http://flyfishingforum.com/destinations/acklins/2010/taj01.jpg

Reply or PM if you're interested.

juro
03-23-2010, 05:25 AM
BOS-NAS $178+ r/t

Swalt
03-23-2010, 07:47 AM
you are killing me.

woodtac
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Jeez, that is tempting, stop in Nassau for some of that Cuban rum and a few Cuban cigars, take in some of Felton's cooking, have shots at lots more fish---ah, but there is a certain road that causes me to pause - - - still, it is tempting.

teflon_jones
03-25-2010, 09:00 AM
I'd be interested in South Andros but I really don't want to go all the way to Acklins again this year.

juro
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Teflon,

It sounds like you pulled a short straw being there just before the spell broke during the coldest year anyone can remember throughout the tropics. But if you'd spoken with anyone at Andros this winter, you'd probably find out just how bad it was there as it's significantly further north. I was told it was abysmal this year by several people I spoke with.

Even with the challenges this winter posed, there were plenty of fish at Acklins while we were there and it got better each day. I would love to get back there in April.

teflon_jones
03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Teflon,

It sounds like you pulled a short straw being there just before the spell broke during the coldest year anyone can remember throughout the tropics. But if you'd spoken with anyone at Andros this winter, you'd probably find out just how bad it was there as it's significantly further north. I was told it was abysmal this year by several people I spoke with.

Even with the challenges this winter posed, there were plenty of fish at Acklins while we were there and it got better each day. I would love to get back there in April.
Let me run some numbers here and see what I can do...

The weather was so bad it was blowing people entirely off the water. One day there were 60+ knot winds!

raidergrad
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Any guesstimates on cost?