Danielsson reel repair [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Danielsson reel repair

Korean_fly
02-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

I have a HD 9/13 reel that needs to be sent in. I accidentally left the drag cranked all the way down for a few months "CRINGING" :frown: and just took it out the other day to fiddle with it. Anyhow, the drag is sticky and seems to have been damaged somehow. Compression issues on the drag disks? In addition, the drag setting on the lightest setting is really stiff. Should I take the thing apart and see whats wrong myself or just send it in? Thanks in advance!

Adrian

salmo
02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Actually, I do have drag all parts for the old HD and LW which I have never used as my reels has ben acting flawlessly for years. I am very familiar with the reels so if you are willing to send your HD to me I can fixed it and send back within day or so . I am located in Northern Colorado.

ZB

juro
02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Adrian -

I'm curious about this - I've left my drag knobs set for years in a 'fish-ready' state which is not cranked-down but set strong and I have not had any issues yet.

Do you think cold weather exposure could have been a factor? It's been brutal in our region this winter.

Just curious...

Salmo that's quite an offer!

salmo
02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Adrian,

I forgot to mention that I can fix your reel at no cost as long as you pay shipping .

ZB