Fishing The Cape Show [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing The Cape Show

striblue
01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I just got off the Phone with Pete Gray and talked him in to doing some tying and some tuffly stuff at the Orvis one day show at the Chatham Bars Inn this Saturday...He and I will share a tying table and fight and argue all day with each other.:smokin:

Redfisher
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Look forward to seeing you both there on Saturday.

Dan

FishHawk
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I should be there , weather permitting. FishHawk:smokin:

FredA
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
So how was the Fishing the Cape show? I'd have liked to get down but had to go to NYC.

striblue
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Fred, It was a nice time and saw FishHawk and Craig (CJS60), and Pete and I had some laughs as he described in detail the application of the tuffly stuff. Bruce had some great deals and a nice box lunch for the tyers... many regular non celebrity tyers with bueatiful stuff especially flies from the guides. Key flies for the area. Very enjoyable for me and I broke down and bought a Hardy 3wt 7 foot fly rod, originally priced at $399, marked down to $219 and show price of $115. 4 piece with carry case. Not sure when I would use it but for the price I grabbed one of the last ones. Picked up bags of fly tying material...most in 50 cent packages.... so the material was better priced than the bigger shows, although not as extensive.... but worth it.