Fishing vacation ideas for Feb/Mar? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing vacation ideas for Feb/Mar?

teflon_jones
01-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi, I really need to take a vacation! That means lots of fishing so I'm trying to find a place to go. I've looked at Eluthera, Acklins, South Andros (been there before), and Belize so far. I don't think I want to go for Eluthera since it's so populated. I think there's better fishing to be had on Andros or Acklins. The main downfall of Acklins is how tough it is to get there. Nassau is cheap to fly into so the Bahamas are good from that perspective, but Belize is pretty expensive to fly to. However, once you're there you're there and I don't have to hop on a puddle jumper like I would in Nassau.

I'll be traveling by myself (just want to fish and relax!) and don't really care much about accommodations. All I care about is good fishing and warm weather! I would be entirely open to just camping out somewhere too.

Guernseybass
01-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Have you looked at cat island ?

It's supposed to be pretty quiet an southern air has daily flights from Nassau .

Last year I went through vrbo and loooked at anywhere where it said you could walk to bonefishing :wink:

teflon_jones
01-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Right after I posted this yesterday the outfitter I was talking to told me they had a group of 3 heading to Acklins the week I wanted to go and they had a spot on the charter plane from Gainesville to Acklins. That makes it a lot easier to get there since I only need to lay over for a night in Gainesville and then the guys are going to pick me up at the hotel and take me to the airport with them. We'll get into Acklins around noon on Feb 13th. I can't wait!!!!!