You can now register on line for Survey [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: You can now register on line for Survey

FishHawk
01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
You can now register on -line for the Federal Survey.,
https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/. We I first tried to register it wouldn't recognize my zip code. Typical of the Feds.:eek: :whoa: :smokin:

PS it will now take zips with zeros.

PopnesetBay
01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I understand that they did not program the system to accept "0"s as a number so you have to do it by phone until they can get it straightened out, probably by 2011 or so!!

Redfisher
01-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I read some where that if you enter a 9 in place of a leading 0 it will accept the zip code and your correct zip code (with the leading 0) will show up later in the process.

I have not tried yet so I can't confirm that it actually works, but I'll probably try tomorrow (my zip starts with 0).

Dan

Stevo
01-02-2010, 04:57 AM
I didn't notice England, the UK or even Great Britain anywhere on that list either although following the 'other' route got me this answer...

"People who are not residents of the United States or U.S. territories do not need to register. However please make sure to learn about and follow the regulations where you will be fishing. You can contact the state’s department of natural resources or the National Marine Fisheries Service Regional Office for more information."

Warren
01-02-2010, 07:26 AM
That is typical Stevo of US Government, Big Brother is watching us, but people from other lands can come in & do as they please. After all we would not want to insult you or anything by having you follow our laws.

A cynical out look ...you bet:mad:

polareyez
01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
I just registered online and had no problems with the 0 in my zipcode. However, I think I may have been registering on the wrong site. It came back and said I was already registered as a level 2 offender...??? :eek:

Redfisher
01-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I finally got around to registering this morning and as Fishhawk noted in the P.S. he added to his original post, they have corrected the problem relating to ZIP codes which start with a 0. Very quick reaction on thier part.

Dan

Stevo
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
That is typical Stevo of US Government, Big Brother is watching us, but people from other lands can come in & do as they please. After all we would not want to insult you or anything by having you follow our laws.

That's if we're allowed in what with all the new 'Regs' going on, but I do hear where you're coming from. We have a similar problem in the UK and it would appear the British government are handing out passports to anyone, especially folks of a 'non-Christian' origin it would seem!

All I want to do is go fishing!

Paxton
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Well Stevo...hope you get your permit...otherwise you take the risk of being deported to Rhode Island :smile:
My guess is that by May, all of us will have permits and not one of us will ever be checked by any "official" during the entire season.
Should we start a "permit pool"? I take "0" checks.
Will be interesting to see if anything of value comes of this process....it has potential...but.................

striblue
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
As The Feds close in and I am standing on top of the south Monomy light house, having been tracked to my last refuge you will hear...." Look MA! I am on Top of the world!!!!THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" James Cagney.:Eyecrazy:

juro
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I just registered. Seems kind of hokey to me. I almost always buy a Washington state license, so I don't have to register because of a deal NOAA makes with WA. In other words, WA provides my info no doubt. However, what the hell does that license have to do with striped bass fishing in New England? I did it anyway because I'm curious what the outcome will be from an individual's perspective.

flydoc
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM
As The Feds close in and I am standing on top of the south Monomy light house, having been tracked to my last refuge you will hear...." Look MA! I am on Top of the world!!!!THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" James Cagney.:Eyecrazy:

John- and I'll be right there with you, screaming "Say hello to my little friend!" (Al Pacino- Scarface)

Is this registration thing really necessary for THIS season? I had thought it wasn't going to take effect until 2011...or maybe they just weren't going to CHARGE for it until 2011....please clarify.....obviously the Brits are safe (for now)....as long as Stevo brings a different pair of shoes....they may mistake the dried $%*@! on the uppers of his old shoes for plastic explosive, and send the whole Brit contingent down to Guantanamo for a "right old pranging":eek:

Flydoc

polareyez
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
To those of you who are resisting the process or to those cousins, when you get caught without your papers, just say your in Massachusetts illegally. The center of Chatham will be roped off and a parade will be held in your honor. The governor will fly in on his copter and hand out driver's licenses.

polareyez
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I got my NOAA card. I can now legally carry a concealed fly rod.:hihi:

flydoc
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I got my NOAA card. I can now legally carry a concealed fly rod.:hihi:

But remember, you must store the rod UNLOADED in a locked case and broken down into it's separate pieces with the reel and line in a SEPARATE locked case in your trunk when travelling on any paved road surface....you also can't carry a loaded fly rod into any post office, school, or other government building.

I'm sure his honor the mayor will confirm the above regulations. :lildevl:

Flydoc

highway61
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=FishHawk] We I first tried to register it wouldn't recognize my zip code. Typical of the Feds.: QUOTE]

Yeah, but how come they know your address when it comes time to pay your income taxes?!:hihi:

Steve

striblue
01-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes , The Doc is right ... and not only that but this year you will only be able to buy Mass certified and compliant fly rods.....You will not be able to go to NH to buy the usual large assortment of fly rods unless you are a NH resident. You can buy current non compliant rods if used and made before 1998 from a Mass Fly Shop. Your fly reel drags can no be under 10 pounds pressure in most cases.... and NO... forget about getting those rods out of state and shipped to you.... and you will only be able to aquire a out of stae Rod or reel, if Mass compliant, delivered to your licensed fly shop and not to your home........ Spinning rods and reels can be shipped to your home directly.:lildevl:

polareyez
01-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Don't forget the mandatory casting safety course....

jimS
01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
...and is it true, beginning in 2010, a licensed guide is required for saltwater flyfishing?

flydoc
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Spinning rods and reels can be shipped to your home directly.:lildevl:

And do not require a license, as they are categorized as primitive fishing equipment:devil: