Cozumel Shore Fishing? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cozumel Shore Fishing?

rc-colorado
12-03-2009, 03:25 AM
I will be staying at el cozumeleno in a couple weeks...wondering if anyone has shore fished around here? I will be doin a guide deal for a day up on the north end, but wanted to see if anyone had any pointers for some DIY near this hotel?

rc-colorado
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Report. First night spotted some medium sized tarpon right off the main pier in front of El Cozumeleno...snuck out there after dark (pier says no fishing) and managed to hook up twice but didn't land, one took my fly after a brief but intense battle. The water quality north of the resort was too cloudy this time of year so I tried heading south. Some good areas where there are no people between El Coz and Azul hotel...didn't get anything but needle fish, although some were good sized. I did see bar jacks but none took my fly. I found the shore fishing, besides the tarpon at night, to be pretty slow. I did a guided flats deal up in the north Lagoons. My guide went by "Shokun" (cell 044-987-111-5351)He was good, knows all the spots. It cost me $260 for 7 hours, not bad. It was windy as hell the day we went, managed to land only one bone, a baby barracuda, and a small yellowtail jack. Hooked up a couple more times and got broke off once but it was slow because of the norte that kicked up the past couple days. I know it would have a more productive day if for the wind and cloud cover. I'll see if I can't get a picture up too.

rc-colorado
12-21-2009, 06:31 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=549650&l=bafebf28bc&id=1587266687

n1gdo
12-21-2009, 07:12 AM
I remember years ago walking a long stretch of beach (San Francisco beach ?)...it looked promising though I did not have any luck....good luck there....beats snow!

JusBones
12-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Frank,
"Frarked" again ? Merry Christmas !
Mark:hihi:

n1gdo
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes Mark.....once again the trusty scout finds a great area that OTHERS can catch fish on!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr

Story of my fishing life!

Have a great holiday