Rip Ryder [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Ryder

BARDY
12-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I saw on another board something about the Rip Ryder being put on Craigs List. Have they decided to move on?

striblue
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I did not know that... I will call Keith:confused:

striblue
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Outermost Harbor is also for sale... and the sale of the Rip Ryder will not necessarily end the service.

Rip Ryder
12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes,

The admiral and I have decided to try and move on after 20years. Im ready for something new, and I want my turn to fish for a change:chuckle: . IF I am lucky enough to move on, Im sure there will be no disruption to your access to Monomoy.

jimS
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Keith, you and the Admiral have been yoeman to us over the years, providing fishing advice, and yes, a shuttle to S. Beach and N. Monomoy. Look forward to finally fishing with the Lincolns, who have been too busy sometimes to smell the flowers. Good luck on the sale. If I was younger, you know...

Paxton
12-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Keith...I wish you well with whatever you decide to do. Of course I have mixed feelings......happy that you and the Admiral will have a more normal life...sad in that there will never be anyone who will match your sharp wit and age related insults :smokin:
I realy can't imagine getting on the boat without having to take barbs out of my waders before I sit down. It will never be the same. :frown: of course I still have my "son" Garry to keep me honest and sharp.
My best to you and your dad and thank you soooo much for all that you provided to make going to Morris a fun filled day.

Ron (aka....Your Loyal Sandwalker")

Warren
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Well Keith,

Now I am really sorry I did not get down to see you this summer and go for one last ride, but who woulda thunk?. Good luck in your future endeavors

polareyez
12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Say it ain't so... We'll miss your gentle nature...Now who's going to help hoist my father into the boat?

Seriously, all the best to you and the Admiral in whatever you decide to do.

juro
12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow big news, best of luck with new ventures and thanks for the indellible memories.

BTW I think you and the admiral need to take up flyfishing with all your spare time :D (read: no pink sluggos!)

highway61
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Keith,

It will never be the same. I fondly remember my first trip over to South Beach way back in 95. I was with my family with all our beach paraphanelia, the coolers, umbrellas, and beach chairs. We were quite the motley crew. You were gracious and more than helpful. You had the patience of a saint!:hihi: Thanks for all the great and welcomed advice and humor. I wish you and the admiral the best.

Take care,

Steve from NH

flydoc
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
WHOA:eek: Guess this means I'm back on Harwich PD's "hit list":hihi:
Seriously...bumming big time about no more Rip Trips with the Captain and the Admiral, but understand that too much of a good thing for too long can leave one a bit long in the tooth.....maybe they should consider setting up a "Bight Ryder" or a "Keys Ryder" operation in a more southerly latitude? With an even more laid back attitude:devil:
Flydoc

"Keep your weapons dry! I'll see you on the beach!"- Capt Miller in opening scene of "Saving Private Ryan"

striblue
12-04-2009, 10:37 PM
All I can say is that I have known Keith and Ed for over 15 years and met Juro at the lighthouse for the 4 am sorties... then to the rip ryder for the 8am shuttle. This was before Juro set up the Forum. I remember driving to the refuge early in the morning on days I was not going out with my coffee and shooting the breeze with the admiral. I know this is not goodbye:( but see you later instead.:) ... and keith will be using a flyrod before long....Now we will have to "break in" a new owner...but Keith will help no doubt since he maybe one of the forum crew meeting on those early mornings

Stevo
12-09-2009, 02:02 PM
By comparison to some of you guys, I am a fairly new comer to Cape Cod and Chatham, but have been made to feel very welcome by all including Keith and his Dad over the past five years.

I will miss the banter on the trips over to South Beach and North & South Monomoy when I next come over unless we meet up in the Squire of course! Can you handle that Keith? :chuckle:

rooster
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey Keith and Ed,
You two are the heart and soul for many of us on the Forum. For years (especially for those of us who remember the "golden years" of Monomoy) the 8 am departure and the 5 pm pickups provided all of us a chance to debrief-share a story or a beer- meet new friends (or avoid others....,) :eek: for a few minutes. Many great friendships formed because of these sorties and the rides to and from Monomoy and South Beach. Regardless of what happens to the Rip Ryder-I will always be looking for you as I walk down the 76 steps to the beach.
I hope you get time to fish and I know we'll be seeing you soon.
All the best.
Dennis