Beulah rods [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Beulah rods

jyeomanssr
10-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I am intrested in a 2handed beach rod, I have heard the beulah rods are very good. I would be interested in their 7/8/9 rod for stripers/ bluefish. I would appreciate any info on these rods. Thankyou John

JR SPEY
10-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I use the 9/10 Beach/Surf rod from Beulah. I love it. It casts farther than one often needs to with little effort and no false casting or hauling. I use the now discontinued Airflo 40+ Beach lines with it and find it a perfect match. The last time I checked Rajeff Sports, the distributors of Airflo in the US, still had some of these Beach Lines in stock. Any Airflo dealer could order one for you. I also have the prototype of an intermediate head that Beulah is working on that matches up to their rods quite nicely. I would suspect that this line will be available some time early next year. I haven't had a chance to fish the line yet, but lawncasting it with a Rio SlickShooter running line was simply nuts. I would think that any of the three sizes of the Beach/Surf rod would work for most striper/blue fishing in the Northeast. I chose the 9/10 because I'll be using it for other purposes also.

juro
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
As an early two-handed overhead striper rod adopter (and adapter) I love these rods! The Forum + Beulah had a beach rod day at Chatham Lighthouse last year (hurricane killed it this year) and the Rio Outbound intermediate was a great match.

Throwing the whole line was childsplay, I think they're 120 ft to the knot.