Seychelles first week in November [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Seychelles first week in November

petevicar
10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I just got details of a significant discount on a trip to Alphonse Island in the first week of November and I am afraid I could not resist.:frown:

I leave on October 29.:)

I hope to be able to report on loads of bones, triggers and GTs (not gin and tonic). Maybe also the odd milkfish or emperor fish or parrot fish or surgeon fish or permit.:) :) :)

I am dreaming already.

I think I need a new avatar photo.

Vince
10-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Let us know how it goes Pete--I still miss Farquhar and would love to return again.

Where else have you fished in the Seychelles?

I am interested to know how Alphone compares to the outer islands in terms of fishing.

JTWG
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Pete, where have you been fishing this summer? Haven't heard much from you?

petevicar
10-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Vince
My experience of the Seychelles is that I have only fished Alphonse and the St. Francois lagoon. I have been there on 6 different trips, this will be my 7th.
It has probably more fishing pressure than the other islands as there is a fishing lodge there. I far prefer to be on dry land than living on a ship. The fishing is great and the accommodation excellent. Among the fish I have caught there are milkfish and the GT on my avatar.

JT
My travels this year have been a little different to usual. This will be first trip to the tropics this year.
I have had 2 trips to New orleans for redfish, 2 trips to Scotland for Atlantic salmon, 3 trips to the Cape, one trip to Iceland for atlantic salmon.
I have not caught a bonefish since this time last year in Los Roques.

I really miss the sunshine and the screaming reel.:) :)

Pete

JTWG
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Pete, glad to hear your out and about. How was the cape. Any trip reports ?