Margaree Information? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Margaree Information?

juro
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I just learned I have a business trip to Halifax coming up this month and don't want to miss the chance to extend my stay to fish the Margaree. I recall there was a 'Cajun' camping area and a few of you are familiar with the river. Anyone going to be up there this month? Info on cheap lodging would be appreciated thnx

vtloon
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Juro, you're in luck. The Margaree fishes best in Sept/Oct. Bring plenty of layers though. Are you flying up or driving?
I last fished it two years ago, I'll give you a call with my thoughts.

juro
10-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey thanks for the call, I really appreciate the info! Now if the powers that be can set the dates I need to be in Halifax and I can get the plan rolling for the weekend before / after the business trip.

Gaspe13
10-07-2009, 03:48 AM
Juro,

We just arrived back from a 4 day trip to the Margaree. As is typical of fishing luck, we 'escaped' just before the rains hit. Locals told me that the water was quite low (my first time so no reference point) but I`m sure that has changed now. I was quite lucky and saved one fish while losing another to a straightened hook (first pass on the river).

We went with no reservations and had to split our stay between 2 different places. Feel free to PM or email me for accommodation details, I`ll even throw in a couple of pools that worked for us ;-)

Jay