Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boneclave 2009 - Who's coming?

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  tomd 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just realized the Boneclave is coming up fast. I will have some separate threads for food, contributions, planning and discussion on food.. Saturday Dinner, breakfast, etc..

Who is planning on attending Boneclave this year and when?
Will you have a boat with you or do you need a lift?
If you require a lift some members typically assist in shuttling people out to the Island. We will need to work scheduling with them and please be patient as the details and resource availability come together.

If you have a boat how many people you might be able to take out (ie open slots for fishing). Can you assist in Shuttling?

Please let us know on this thread.

Despite months of working issues with my boats and trailers..
I'm still not ready. I'm planning on having it together after the weekend though, hate to have to be restricted to a Kayak this year :-(

Thanks, Greg

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm in for fri, sat, night camping. Can't resist that place fish or no. I remember 1 year being trapped inside by huge waves. But the island was still awesome.
Bringing propane tank, gas tree, stove, grill.
I'll have my skiff (45 years of fishing in that boat ) room for 1 more for ferrying.
I'm also bringing my stash of forum bone flies :smokin:

Lefty

#7 ·
I'm in

I'm hoping to get there Friday late afternoon
I'll have my boat
I'll bring a lantern, and a wooden table
propane stove

IF ANYONE WANTS, I CAN SEE IF I CAN TOW 1 OR 2 OF MY PUNGOS OVER

#9 ·
I'm in ! ! !

I have clearance from my boss and the guy I work for to be there Friday through Monday, although the actual duration of my stay may be dependant upon the shuttle situation because I might not have my boat this time around and might have to rely on others for transportation to and from the island.

I should know by Monday if I will have the boat or not. I have to work out some motor issues this weekend. Either way, I won't be able to bring much for supplies or gear for community use. If I have the boat I can take one passenger to/from the jetties but will not have room to shuttle anyone to/from the island because the boat will be fully loaded with myself and my gear alone.

Tom -- I've never paddled a kayak before but if I don't have my boat I may be interested in trying out one of your Pungos to get to and from the jetties.

Q

#11 ·
Hi Tom,

I know I went back home and got my Kayak one year, after almost getting my truck and boat seized at Jehu ramp for leaving it overnight.

I drove back home unloaded the boat and loaded the Kayak and paddled all the way out under the moonlight just in time to see the last standing fisherman before bedtime...

Got out into the albies the next day in my Kayak....It was fun..

But other have come in Kayaks too.

Greg

#12 ·
Regrettably, I'm out

Yesterday ended 14 consecutive days of small boat racing . The good news was it blew hard all but one day and we were fast; the bad news, my hands are like hamburger and my shoulder has packed it in again. Hopefully, ice-packs and PT will allow me a few trips before it shuts down.
Greg, I'll PM you.

#13 ·
tomd said:
Quentin, I thought you came out in one one year, maybe a canoe... or maybe it was someone else?

Tom D
Wasn't me! I've had my tin boat every time I've been there.

Speaking of which . . . I will have the boat this year so I should be all set for transportation to/from the island. My 3 hp motor needs lower unit work but I tried out a 4 hp 4-stroke that was given to me and it seems to work fine, although it has its quirks. Doesn't always start on the first pull like the 3 hp but it pushes the boat a little better :smokin: .

Q

#18 · (Edited)
"Why what's up"?????Juro, My post was simply trying to make sure that the Rip Trip....if we ever have it....does not screw up the numbers for the bone clave. That no one is cancelling their Bone Clave plans simply because the RT is also scheduled. You asked the question on the RT forum... This may all be pie in the sky since I have not heard back from keith as to whether he can go and I have no heard anything from Simms. My understanding is that no one on the RT sign up is signed on for the Bone Clave..and I wanted to be sure because no one is telling me.....Grizz may try for both. We didn't even have to ask the question in the first place I guess. I can not speak for the others but I know both Simms and I and probably penguin would not be going to the BC even if we had no RT planned.

#20 ·
CELL Phone numbers?

Hi Guys,

I am planning on heading out soon after job interviews this afternoon..

But I forgot that we have not exchanged everyone's Cell phone number and mine's changed since the last clave, Grizz and Juro need a lift and I don't have your numbers...

So please Pm you Cell number to me and Juro.

I'm not sure how fast I can send them back out as I'll be offline till tomorrow at best..

Thanks, Greg

#21 ·
Small Craft advisory.

Well Guys,

The weather is windy and will get wet sunday, small craft advisory although shows waves only 2-4 feet in the area.. High winds have come in with the front, significant wind and rain forcast for Sunday..

I had a few surprises with the boys sports schedules and X's work schedule that trashes saturday so far. So I'm not surprized if I miss most of the fun again this year..

Didn't get any cell numbers to send out from/to you all...

Greg

#22 ·
other problems

well, other than the foretasted rain for late Sat., early Sun. I went to move my trailer Friday afternoon and the brakes had seized up... got that resolved and about to go, when I notice my registration expired...GRRRRRRRRR :mad: so I had to rethink everything. Ok, so now I'm thinking "how I load everything in my kayak", by the time I get things ready, it's dark and I said f#@! it so I ended up doing a Sat. day trip down. I did end up with what I called a Waquoit Slam on Saturday though... 1 Albie, 1 Blue, and 1 Scup!!! :hihi:

I ran into a few fellow clavers out on the water.
Man those Albies are finicky.

My thanks go to Neil for the long tow out to the jetties and back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.