grand cascapedia [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: grand cascapedia

chrismeyer
09-17-2009, 03:52 AM
who can give informations how the fishing is right now and the last weeks?

chris

Gaspe Salmon
09-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Hello Chris!!

Here is the report... I fished the Cascapedia River for 4 days in the past week and a half and hooked up 20 fish and landed 11 with friends/clients. Despite super low water conditions the fishing has been good, actually VERY good on the B-sector of the Cascapedia River.

I have also heard reports that the Petite was good for a few anglers fishing there this past week.

The Bonaventure is also doing well despite low water conditions and sunny weather!

We had a spot of rain today but not enough to make a difference in water levels. We are expecting some rain on Saturday but I do not think the river will come up to much, however, it cannot hurt!

By the way, ALL fish that we hooked and or released were on floating lines and size 8 flies. The best flies were Ghost stone and Blue charm. I also pulled the fly away from 2 very big fish on a dry and hooked and played one other for about 10 minutes before it shook itself free.

This past week was almost as good as the one we enjoyed together last year where we hooked 19 fish together in a week! That was fun!

The largest fish landed this past week was a 42 inch hen that we estimated to be around 32 pounds. You can see the fish on my site.

Hope all is well with you and your family!

All the best!

David

chrismeyer
09-19-2009, 01:01 AM
hey david,

very good to read from you. thanks for the report and we stay in contact.
thanks again for a great week!

chris