Albies! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Albies!

bonefishmon
09-01-2009, 03:53 AM
Got to the dock and saw the tell tale splashes. Albies breaking right in front of the boat and it is still tied up at the dock. I looked down at my knees and they were shaking. It's that time of year again but sooner than I thought. Danny must have pushed them in. Long story short I chased them for an hour. Up...down, run and gun and I was all alone.
This guys were spooky. I'm not very good at this. Gave up and headed for the reefs. More Albies there! Dropped a back cast on a frenzy and hooked up. Off to the races. Backing found a pot. Headed back up and around it and the backing freed. First Little Tunny of the season landed. It chucked loads of silversides. First time I have ever seen this many tuna and the pods stretched out for miles! Back at it today. Loads of peanuts showing. A white Estaz with bunny tail did the trick.

Phil

juro
09-01-2009, 06:22 AM
woohoo! Maybe they'll be lighting up the boneclave this year

alan caolo
09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Is this good news?

Dble Haul
09-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Phil-

I saw them briefly on Sunday morning at Plum Gut, but they were moving through too quickly to get an honest shot. I think that Danny definitely reshuffled the deck.

The rips around a few NY islands were loaded with bluefish and bass...it looked like the peak of the fall run out there. :Eyecrazy:

bonefishmon
09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Is this good news?

It is if you like to catch Albies! It is rather early. Care to elaborate?

Cole
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Is this good news?

:Eyecrazy:

mikez
09-02-2009, 03:07 PM
It is if you like to catch Albies! It is rather early. Care to elaborate?

I think what he means is that he's against sharing information with the public - unless some glossy international fish rag is willing to pay big bucks. :roll:

bonefishmon
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Good news! The cold snap today got the funnies on the move again. Just head for your favorite rips and rip some lip! I won't be able to make the Boneclave but I'll venture to bet this will be a great one! The first push of albies were on the small size. These are a little bit BIGGER. Fish Hawk. You ready ol' buddy? Will be great to see you again. Tie up some small baby bunker patterns. Inch and three quarters.

Phil

striblue
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
There back at Hardings Beach and the usual spots at the mouth of Stag Harbor at the right tides.

bonefishmon
09-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Get out there ASAP!!!!!!!!! No sleep before work tonight. Start of the incoming this AM was beyond my greatest expectations!

Phil