BEULAH Two Hand Surf Casting Demo Day [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BEULAH Two Hand Surf Casting Demo Day

juro
08-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Two Hand Surf Casting Demo Day
August 29rd at 5pm @ Chatham Lighthouse, Cape Cod

http://beulahflyrods.com/ (Beulah is a Forum Sponsor)

Casting demonstration by Juro Mukai
Trial rods available
Refreshment served

*** Casting competition for Beulah /Galvan Reel Prize ***

Also a few slots open for a special fishing excursion during the day to use surf two-hand and single hand rods on a hunt for big late summer stripers with the pro-staff on either Monomoy Point Rip or Nauset North Beach (Island).

Interested? Reply to this thread first come first served basis.

woodtac
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
By all means sign me up for both parts! Thanks a lot for creating this opportunity, Juro.

nmbrowncom
08-08-2009, 07:26 AM
i'm in. are we using our own rods or beulah's for the "excursion" part of the day?

juro
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Jim will have lots of gear on hand.

Penguin
08-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Also a few slots open for a special fishing excursion during the day to use surf two-hand and single hand rods on a hunt for big late summer stripers with the pro-staff on either Monomoy Point Rip or Nauset North Beach (Island).

Interested? Reply to this thread first come first served basis.

My laptop got hijacked by Somali priates and I've been off the grid...
Kindly educate me regarding the "excursion"...
[and save me a slot]

PEC54
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I'd very much like to participate.:hihi:

FishBum
08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and have not posted anything yet. Juro told me about this site one day when I met him on the refuge. Juro, if you read this post, do you remember that? I was the guy with the Loomis that lent you a surf candy fly, then you proceeded to catch a bunch of fish with it, and then kindly gave it back to me just before leaving :chuckle: .

Anyway, I had already planned on going to this as I just bought the 9/10 surf rod, and when I did, I was told that I should check this event out as it would be a good time (love that rod by the way). So if you still have slots open for the fishing excursion beforehand I'd love to meet some of you guys and fish. If not, no biggie, I'll maybe see some of you at the lighthouse later on.

nmbrowncom
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
welcome to the forum. while i have no official capacity i am confident that you would be more than welcome at the event. btw, how you sure it was juro who caught a bunch of fish. doesn't sound like him.

juro
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Absolutely! You're in. But there will be a small charge of the rental of a fly! I guess you're paid up :)

We'll be gathering in Chatham for the daytime fishing adventure. Plan on being downtown around 7am for coffee / rendezvous.

alosa52
08-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi Juro
I like to come if this is still happening. Let me know so that I can arrange the time.
Larry

juro
08-20-2009, 06:47 AM
It looks like we have 7 for the excursion over to North Beach (Island). Anyone just coming to the event afterwards only? I believe the headcount via Beulah's efforts is up around 30 people at the event, so approx 40 people at the lighthouse around 5p.

PEC54
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Juro could you clarify who the 7 are .:confused:

juro
08-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Just a scan above, will update mid-week

highway61
08-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Juro.....Is there room for one more? Unexpectedly, I had a change in my schedule and will have that day free.

Steve

juro
08-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Yep - not even close to full. Come on down, see Missy for a great rate @ handkerchief shoals (tell her you're with the forum event)

juro
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Update:

Jim Shaunessy
Eddie Howells
woodtac
nmbrowncom
pec54
fishbum
alosa52
highway61
myself

Jim reports at least as many again for the day's excursion and as many as 30 more for the lighthouse event. I also have guests in town which may add 2-3 more anglers.

Plan:

Rendezvous at Fishermans Pier, Chatham if you're interested in the day's fishing.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=shore+road,+chatham+ma&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=s1qVSrTUH4nllAeaxpWwDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Fish the North Beach (Island) on the 8am shuttle, $20 per head rain or shine (special trip for forum anglers).

Return around 4pm to set up for Lighthouse event.

Please RSVP if you have not yet, or have and need to change your plans.

Penguin
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
'Looks as if DANNY may rain on the parade...
check out stormpulse.com

Regrets...
I'm going to play the odds and opt out of the morning excursion...

juro
08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Since the island has all four sides and is over 2 miles long there should be plenty of area to explore, of which very little has been fished since it's formation (relatively speaking). The south end is Chatham Inlet and the north end is the new Nauset cut. West is the former "honey hole" and the bowling cuts on the outside, if we're lucky, will get a visit from the tinker macs which have been prevalent in the area lately which would be interesting.

alosa52
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
What time does the Forums shuttle leave.?
Larry

juro
08-26-2009, 02:29 PM
The boat leaves at 8 AM

juro
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
After discussion with Jim and the captain with Danny looming on the horizon we've decided to CANCEL this years event. Unfortunately since Jim will be flying back to the Rogue River OR we'll have to wait until the next event.

I look forward to field testing his new gear in both the overhead and the Spey actions in the months to come.

FishBum
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I was really looking forward to this, for several reasons. I was hoping to try a bunch of the Beulah gear, and to meet some of you guys, and fish the island!

Damn you Danny!

juro
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Jim's a great guy - he'll send rods out for us to try on a calm fall day when the bunker are streaming past and the blitzes are deafening... :)