Annual Question: Any of you Jokers planning to fish Neah this year? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Annual Question: Any of you Jokers planning to fish Neah this year?

SalmoGairdneri
06-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Subject says it all. I'm looking to make at least 3 trips. 1 locked in for the week of 10 August. 1 more before that & if good, 1 more after.

Early reports & forecast have been very encouraging.

Anyone else planning?

-tony

juro
06-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Tony, if it works out I would like nothing better than to visit Neah this summer and try to combine with a summer steel fling. I'll PM to discuss...

Doublespey
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Don't know if I'll get out there this summer, but my coworker was out this last weekend for bottomfish (didn't know that salmon season was also opening).

Anyway, he saw quite a few nice 'nooks caught, including one on a mooched herring in about 60' of water off Waadah Island.

Sounds like a much better start than the last 2 years!

Tight Lines,

Brian

Leland Miyawaki
07-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I would certainly entertain a trip. Tony, I ran into a guy at the shop who was in the boat next to us when you, Juro and I were fishing the Sound last year. He figured there was only one guy that would be so popper dedicated.

Leland.

SalmoGairdneri
07-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Heading out to Neah tomorrow (Wed afternoon) and we will fish through the weekend. Next trip is 10-15 Aug and the next scheduled after that is 1-3 Sept.

Anyone else making the trip?

-t

juro
07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I'll be watching for your first trip report. Trying to gel a plan to visit the PNW for steel/saltchuck this fall. Flights are c-h-e-a-p!!