Two hander help for Canal event [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Two hander help for Canal event

Gseries69
05-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I plan on making the canal event on Friday morning before the Clave. I've got a 1208-3 T&T that I'm hoping to learn on. I was told by a forum member that a skagit line would be best to learn with and for use on the canal. Rio calls for a 500 grain skagit for use with the rod. My question is, do I also need to get a sinking head to go with the line? I assume a T14 is the way to go. New to the two hand thing so appreciate any help.

I also have 2 outbound intergrated lines for that rod but I assume there won't be any overhead work on the canal.

Thanks

jfbasser
05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Use enough T-14 to make the entire Skagit section 3.5 times the rod length

PEC54
05-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I plan on making the canal event on Friday morning before the Clave. I've got a 1208-3 T&T that I'm hoping to learn on. I was told by a forum member that a skagit line would be best to learn with and for use on the canal. Rio calls for a 500 grain skagit for use with the rod. My question is, do I also need to get a sinking head to go with the line? I assume a T14 is the way to go. New to the two hand thing so appreciate any help.

I also have 2 outbound intergrated lines for that rod but I assume there won't be any overhead work on the canal.

Thanks

Bring the outbounds there are many locations on the canal that permit overhead casting. 500 grains for an 8 wt. seems lite , I throw a 550 on my 8 wt.