How'd you do? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: How'd you do?

i'm so outta here
10-14-2000, 10:14 AM
<font size="4">Fiesty fall fish flee flailing fly fishermen, film at eleven :)</font><!--4-->

It's that time of year when a quick run down of how everyone did and where they did it is crucial to future planning. Could we tally the results of this weekend here?

i'm so outta here
10-14-2000, 10:22 AM
Chatham light crew, 5:00 AM to 9 AM

Found lots of bait and eager, albeit small, bass. Best bite was during transitional light. Larger fish moved in with the sun. Deep sand eels and working the bumps produced. Tide did not seem to be a factor as one lone fly fisher we left on the point was still hooking 'em as we headed for the coffee shop.

striblue
10-14-2000, 10:58 AM
Al, I am glad Chatham worked so well. I made my first trip to Magnolia this morning at 5 A.M. without waders only because I left them at the Cape. what a boob. Went to the point and I am not used to large slipery rocks with sneakers which I had to remove and walk very causiously. Stayed about 1/2 hour of low tide. One other guy was there and I couldn't beleive it but he was in shorts too. He left and flaged a friend down and since I had no fish I decided to explore which was one of my purposes. Came upon White Beach totally by chance as I decided to take a turn at Ocean rd. 7 flyfishermen there and no action what so ever. I stayed around till 9 just watching as those guys left and then came back at the turn of the tide. Still nothing. So, I left to stop at First Light Anglers... Will try Singing Beach this evening which was recomended by Cris at Fist Light.. Boy, I have been spoiled by Chatham...But what a bueatiful place with all the rocky outcropings. Take care.

bigcat988
10-14-2000, 09:26 PM
Part two (and three) - after the fun with schoolies at Chatham with Al; Bill, Fred, Nate, Bigcat and I ran out to South Beach w/ Rip Ryder for a couple of hours. Outside beaches looked great but was infested with seals and after a half hour we tried the inside. NADA so Bill headed home and the rest of us headed for Brewster Flats. Lots of bait and more schoolies. Beautiful sunset, one of the best all year. Been spoiled by all the big cows lately but feisty short stripers and great weather is better than nothing this time of year! Overall a great fall ay on the water.