The big girls are here.!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The big girls are here.!!!!!!!!!!

PEC54
05-12-2009, 11:28 AM
:hihi: :hihi: :chuckle: :chuckle: :hihi: :hihi: ::D :biggrin: : nuf said. Ah lets see where did I put the tape measure and digital scale?:smokin: Oh wow I didn't know a 2 hand flyrod could bend that much :eek:

jfbasser
05-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Those fish are really feeding up on Wonder Bread Bombers:devil:

jimS
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
A little bird ;) told me today that the elbow is loaded and some keepers busting bait. Migrants won't stay unless the feed is there, but, this is just the beginning. Get out there.

Bass are already to Plymouth, either through the canal, or around P'town. What"s your take Paul/John?

FishHawk
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
They sure are. :hihi: :chuckle: :smokin: FishHawk

jfbasser
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
There have been some 20# fish come through the canal over the last week. But, one of my Doc's was catching keepers in Wellfleet last weekend. I think they are filling in both ways.

Guernseybass
05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
The big girls are here.!!!!!!!!!!

I found that out on Saturday afternoon on one of your favourites beaches Paul. ;)

the fish took on the nearside of the weeds, just 25-30ft out and ran my whole flyline and 70+ yards of backing (with the drag on full) out over the sandbar.

i couldn't shift it, and after 5 minutes it threw the hook or the hook pulled. :(

I did land a liced 29" keeper 20 minutes later though :biggrin:

Mark

titleguy
05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice Mark- I'm jealous... Check PM;)

Guernseybass
05-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Nice Mark- I'm jealous... Check PM;)

I did. my box was full :o

you may have to re-send it, and anyone else. i didn't know it was full !

juro
05-13-2009, 07:29 AM
I will be "scouting" this weekend for sure :lildevl:

PEC54
05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh Juro; scouting is so like yesterday ( spoken with valley girl accent)--------- IT'S TIME TO FIIIIIIIIIIIISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

juro
05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
HA - yeah I am ready to hear a screaming drag... been a l-o-n-g winter and work is stressin' me out :eek:

bonefishmon
05-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I fished the elbow hard the last two days. Awesome! Huge schools of adult bunker in the tub. One area was loaded with big bass covered in sea lice. No dinks! Looks promising this year. Where are the scouts and where is Paxton? Someone said they spotted him somewhere in Rhode Island! LOL! Gonna have to change that license plate to FFRI.

Phil

jimS
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Phil, I guess RI is closer to the Worcester area for Ron, but, I'll try some armtwisting to get him on the cape. It appears that everywhere is loaded, but the really big girls should be here shortly, about the time of the new moon tides, beginning 24 May. It will be non-stop for me then. See you at the clave?

titleguy
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Juro- we'll see you boatside on Saturday...:wink:

Paxton
05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Guys....I am really not that hard to figure out....I am either in the wrong spot or as yesterday.... in the wrong state................follow me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hihi:
Tried RI yesterday as last week the "elbow" was beyond dead.......what a difference a few days make!!!!
Next week I will head to the Cape, so I suggest to all those who want to catch fish....fish Rhode island :) If you see me on a certain beach.....go somewhere else.

Ron

PS: I did manage one 20 incher yesterday......talked with about 5 to 6 guys (spin guys)...all skunked. Even the birds were asleep the whole day on shore....never a good sign.

Ron (aka - future guide) :biggrin:

Guernseybass
05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I fished the same spot as Saturday for a couple of hours over high tide this afternoon with fairly similar results.

I lost a keeper on the first cast close in and then I hooked and landed another 20" schoolie about 20 minutes later, also close in.

then the sun came out and the bite died.

it was great fishing in shirtsleeves :)