05-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Anyone going scouting this weekend?

sean
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I am just going fishing:razz:

-sean

Gseries69
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I plan on fishing out of the kayak again on the south side this weekend.

titleguy
05-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I'll be down next weekend until Wed. Hopefully, there will be some more Chatham action than last year. See you at the Squire or on the Beach, Juro:D

flydoc
05-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Will be giving it a go at least one day this weekend- haven't yet decided which day or where- likely south side somewhere- all dependent on wind and weed (or rather, lack thereof).
Flydoc

juro
05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Looks like a mixed bag for weather this weekend.

Migration is always about location location location since they are in truckin' mode.

This time of year I usually go to Sea St. Beach in Dennisport and spend some time looking from the high bluff between 10a - 2p if sunlight allows. Give it a good 30 mins looking right to left. That's all I will say in the non-subscription section :)

striblue
05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Juro, don't forget the jetties off Red River beach...in Harwich.

FredA
05-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Out of commision the next two weeks. Family stuff this weekend and the big apple next. Then it's time to start looking around the bayside.

juro
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
John - these are headed that way. I don't fish from the bluffs but the sights are spectacular.

Fred - macks and herring in the bay, some keepers being caught now.

PEC54
05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Cherry trees are a day or to away from being in full bloom,and the moon is going to be full on Saturday. Mother nature is right on time again. Who's up for a search and capture mission for Saturday?:hihi:

jfbasser
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I am taking my son-in-law fishing tomorrow. I am having bring up the brand new 10 foot Lami GSB 1M in case he has to move a biggun :devil:

This rod is beauty....Xtube over cork for the handle....Pac Bay Black uplocking surf seat and Fuji Alconites all the way...blue cross wrap....oops forgot this was a FF site

rooster
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Guys
Sounds like it is about to happen, which is great.
I was up a couple weeks ago to open the house and do the spring cleaning-no fish then, sounds like they are arriving.
I saw alot of posts on the forum about the Spring Clave, I know it is scheduled for Saturday, 5/30, but I am unclear where we are going to do the dinner/get together that evening. Could someone give me the details of the what 5/30 looks like?
I should have a good group of guys attending that weekend.
Tight lines and good luck.
Cheers,
Dennis

juro
05-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Dave17 should have the address memorized - I found the place but forgot. It's a stumble from the CAC and has a huge deck and yard for the Sat event.

rooster
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Juro,
I know how to get to CAC..., hopefully it is a downhill stumble....,
Are we all just bringing food for the bbq or a fly swap?
Cheers
Dennis

juro
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
hmm good question - I think a pot luck might be easier this year

fly swap - good idea

how bout bring one take one this time - label yours with a recipe and number
put all the numbers in a jar and if you brought one pull a number from the jar - bound to be the lucky one for the clave

Guernseybass
05-08-2009, 06:51 AM
i'm not scouting, i'm going fishing.

my fishing radar has been up since tuesday - schoolies arrived in scituate, consistent reports from Buzzards bay, falmouth and some decent fish on the bay side.

i'll probably still skunk though :chuckle:

juro
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
You can't get skunked while scouting :razz:

bonefishmon
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Looks like a mixed bag for weather this weekend.

Migration is always about location location location since they are in truckin' mode.

This time of year I usually go to Sea St. Beach in Dennisport and spend some time looking from the high bluff between 10a - 2p if sunlight allows. Give it a good 30 mins looking right to left. That's all I will say in the non-subscription section :)

Too funny! Sea St. intersects with Shad Hole Road. Juro knows what I'm talking about.

Phil

Redfisher
05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Took a boat ride this morning to see what was going on in the Chatham area. Didn't even get one hit. There are plenty of bunker in the usual haunts and I even saw a big bass hit one near the surface but couldn't get a hit on any of my offerings. However I saw no signs of smaller stripers even on the fish finder and no sign of any small baitfish.

But I know there are some bass there and more are on the way since there have been a number of reports of large schools of small ( 20" TO 30") bass moving into Buzzards Bay.

Last week I did catch one small bass from shore in the northern end of Pleasent Bay.

Just happy to be fishing again.

Dan

PopnesetBay
05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Spent Wed. noon to Sat AM at cottage in Mashpee. Mostly interior deconstruction for remodel project but Thurs late PM and Fri early AM on the beach. One courageous or dumb "dink", all of maybe 14", hit an 8" flatwing, on the early flood, Thurs, and 5 more Fri AM on the tail end of the ebb. Max was 22", rest were 18-20", all on same flatwing. All bright and feisty but no signs of lice.

Stevo
05-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Just for once we have the rub on you guys. Our bass season got under way in March this year and by April - Easter Sunday in fact - I caught a 27" (7lb) European bass. May has actually seen things slow a little, but it should pick up again on the next set of springs.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/3435699152_fdd5d28401_o.jpg
Almost a keeper at 27"

juro
05-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Tick tock... is that the sound of the cow striper payback clock ticking? :lildevl:

j/k - steveo that's a great catch, you must be king of the UK sea bass circuit by now.

what do you think guys - how long before we see him in a company sponsored splash-dyed schwag jacket and a racy boat with a big logo to replace that inflatable?

petevicar
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Nah. General interest in Sea bass fishing is very limited.
He already owns a nice boat - the Blue Bastard.

He would probably be sick all over his sponsored jacket.:hihi:

Stevo
05-11-2009, 11:19 AM
You're not far wrong there, Pete! :D

I'm still thinking of coming over at the end of June but it looks like the usual crowd have all cried off! It gets kinda expensive doing the trip on your own... any room at the CAC, John?

petevicar
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll be there from June 20 -27.
Karaoke night is tuesday.:)

Stevo
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I am looking at June 22nd through July 1st - so the right dates for a duet Pete! :chuckle:

Need a place to doss though.