JFBasser, Best Wishes and... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: JFBasser, Best Wishes and...

FredA
04-29-2009, 07:57 AM
...prayers. John caught a cold and is now in Brighams, probably with pnuemonia.

Get well buddy.

Haven't talked to him since last week but based on his comments on SOL his spirits are up and he fights on.

I am up at Brigham & Women's guys. Very hectic days as they try to figure out what pneumonia I have. Meanwhile it is an antibiotic anti-fungal barrage and continuos oxygen. I was at the Farber, yesterday for a clinical trial check up where my oxygen level was at 99% at 10 am. Needed some platelets, in case I scratch myself at the upcoming canal blitz

By Noon, my condition was so bad that they wheeled me to the Brigham. Wheeled by my clinical trial nurse and my doctor from the Farber. Real fast acting stuff, somewhat better today (because I was purple yesterday). Slow progress is expected. By the way this is quite a regular event for Luekemia patients. Many folks find out that they have the disease because of an unstoppable infection event. I have been lucky had some early detection by an astute primary care physician and have had it under treatment for a year by some great folks at Farber, albeit with very limited success.

By the way there is a Turkey laying eggs, one-by-one, in-front of the Jimmy Fund Clinical Trial building on Binney St. Traffic nightmare .

flydoc
04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Nothin's gonna keep Basser from fishing the Canal at the Clave....certainly no freekin' germs:razz:

See ya after Memorial Day, big guy!
Flydoc

vtloon
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Basser, Ne illigitimi carborundum....see you at the canal.

juro
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
A big Stan Gibbs Bouquet to you Basser... (plugs on sticks cradled in baby's breath)

Get well quick

jfbasser
04-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks guys, I was somewhat limited by computer access and phone access, because they had so many pieces of medical equipment tying up outlets there were none left for me. The docs are getting daily surprises we are trying to deal with. Docs and Nurses have been great...get out there and fish:devil:

PEC54
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
John it's roughly 30 days until the special PM ;) event, now hurry up and kicks that things arse ,I've got some canal special herring and mackerel flies with your name on em. Best wishes and prayers for ya. See you soon.

jimS
04-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Get well soon. You've got the best of the best supporting and serving you. Look forward to picking your brain next month on the ditch clave.

FishHawk
04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Get well soon. We need you to show us how to fish the secret spot at the PM Clave . :D FishHawk