Spring Clave Lodging [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring Clave Lodging

juro
04-15-2009, 07:03 AM
To all the Cape Cod / visiting spring clave guys here's a suggestion - the usual Stone Horse lodging option is probably not going to work out so I would suggest thinking about cottage shares while they are still widely available. these can be extremely economical even less than the hotel's special forum rate but require some planning to book and share with fellow clavers. the alternative is to book rooms in the area hotels at post-Mem day rate$.

1) check out craigslist and cape vacation websites
2) collaborate with fellow clavers using the forum
3) save a ton of money and get a place with a big deck

check out dave17s posts on that chatham rental I found for them for the clave weekend as a reference

a little planning will result in $$ savings and a much more fun experience

striblue
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Juro...a big deck????HHHHmmmm.... let me think.;) ...I will have to find out if my daughter and son will be down... even so..I could probabaly put up a couple guys...if they are not I can put up more...

FredA
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I have room for several people in Dennis.

alosa52
04-19-2009, 11:35 AM
John
You have been so kind to let me stay with you in the past for the spring clave. If you have space I would be deeply indepted if you let me stay again? Please let me know if I can ever help with any matainence of the CAC its the least I can do to repay you for your generousity.

Larry aka Shadfreak

striblue
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Larry...I have to hold it in check right now and will not know for a couple weeks... with my daughter back from Syracuse U...my other son graduation in mid May and the oldest working during the week....CAC maybe full, including some of my daughters friends down around that time....I know my son Jim wants a weekend for his graduation Lacrosse teammates for a weekend soon after graduation....so... it may end up that I can not even have one guy...I will post in a couple weeks if that changes.

juro
04-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Jim Simms reports that the Handkerchief Shoals portion of the SH business is renovated and will open with a great rate for those who did not act on the rental cottage opportunity. You can look up the info on google, they're located in Harwich on 28 near the Chatham line.

vtloon
04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Talked with them last night. They just got the phones back on line the day before: don't have e-mail up yet. Handkerchief Shoals is under new ownership, but will be managed by the same team that managed Stone Horse. Reportedly, Stone Horse has not survived the downturn.
Hanky is offering a rate of $79 for a 2 double bed room.

juro
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
The place I found for the early bird gang (see posts) has a huge deck and is steps from the CAC so we should do Sat BBQ there. WIth this combination the clavers should be all set in West Chatham / East Harwich.

BTW - Rentals are really good opportunities this year for those who plan a bit.

striblue
04-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I have asked my kids to tell me of their plans so that I can get the message out earlier...or asap....they will be planning on being at the house and my daughter will probabaly working in Chatham....so I have to withdraw any offer to stay at CAC this season... there will be no room. I am sorry but they seem to want to use the place more and more as they get older.

juro
04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
No worries man the Handkerchief Shoal side of Stone Horse is open with a good rate for anyone not already set (and living precariously!). However that's going to be a very popular weekend so those who hesitate...

mjudge
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM
To all the Cape Cod / visiting spring clave guys here's a suggestion - the usual Stone Horse lodging option is probably not going to work out so I would suggest thinking about cottage shares while they are still widely available. these can be extremely economical even less than the hotel's special forum rate but require some planning to book and share with fellow clavers. the alternative is to book rooms in the area hotels at post-Mem day rate$.

1) check out craigslist and cape vacation websites
2) collaborate with fellow clavers using the forum
3) save a ton of money and get a place with a big deck

check out dave17s posts on that chatham rental I found for them for the clave weekend as a reference

a little planning will result in $$ savings and a much more fun experience

.02 If anyone is interested I have a four bedroom rental beach house, sleeps 8, two full bathrooms, walk to beach and bar on the beach .... $1000/wk: mjudge@dtg.net