how bout those M's! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: how bout those M's!

juro
04-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Getting it done in the AL west... home stand / wish I was at Safeco this week.

Doublespey
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, we're all holding our breath. ;)

The current Mariners success is like a Bigfoot sighting on the banks of the Cowlitz - it sure ~looks~ real at first, but you know in your heart it's probably just one of the locals w/o his shirt.

DS

Moonlight
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Thats classic I can't wait to use it myself:hihi:
I was thinking that the Mariners pitching staff and the speed in the outfield were actually looking pretty real. But hey I am and always will be a closet optimist.

juro
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
... and their fastest comes back tonight (not to mention .300+ offense)

Moonlight
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah Juro its like a third opening day for Demarie and I, we both are thinking he might have a few more stolen bases in him this year with Guttierez taking some of the strain off in right center.

FredA
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
There they go again, slashing at windmills... and I thought red sox fans were Quixotic..:razz:

Moonlight
04-15-2009, 11:40 PM
The great Ichiro was slashing at something there with the bases loaded.

OC
04-16-2009, 03:45 AM
I guess I'm missing something here so I went to the Seattle Times sports page. Interesting indeed! But should this not all be on the thread ""Jesus and the 98 mile fast ball? Hey Fred, does Jim Longborg still pitch for the Red Soxs?

juro
04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
How 'bout Wakefield! Sox looked like their old' selves again, Lowell's back strong and Ellesbury proves again that he's a 'natural'.

A quixotic 17 hour drive up I-5 the M's rack up 15 hits 11 runs including the grand salami for Ichiro and long ball #400 for Griffey at Safeco... this team has a special luster this year have to wait and see how this all pans out by the time the summer run bucks have their pink cheeks. (I especially like how the new chief pulled Batista *before* any real damage was done)

Doublespey
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
(I especially like how the new chief pulled Batista *before* any real damage was done)

Beyond enjoying the offensive tour-de-force, THAT was something all Mariners fans noticed. :D :D :D

OC
04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
As winter comes to NZ with heavy winds and huge waves it's time to get back into summer and that means baseball! Having been away and knowing I've not missed much over the last few years someone help me out with this years compass crew roster if you can. Who is this guy Jaku#$%^% and who is Eric Bederard? Did they come up through the organization or are they 5 dollar free agents? How many 5 dollar free agents are on the team as I know the owner won't spend any money and usually they destroy their young talent or give it away. Where did this manager come from? Any help would be great.
Yankee"s suck!
It's cooling down here and the Marlin and Tuna are getting ready to depart North. Hope to get some striper fishing in this year and some summer steel if there are any to be had.
Thanks OC

Moonlight
04-18-2009, 12:18 AM
OC they came from that land where they play ball. We will go there together soon!

OC
04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok Moonlight, looking forward to the campfire chat(hotstove). But someone answer me one question. What happened to that number one pick from a few years ago can't miss catcher from Southern Cal. I see him nowhere.

Moonlight
04-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Jeff Clement is playing in Tacoma. Seattle has catchers!

juro
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Washburn lookin good

flydoc
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
and Ellesbury proves again that he's a 'natural'.

After Sunday night's steal of home base, I think they just call him "Flash" these days:devil:
Flydoc

KerryS
04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I think you guys are missing something here. The main new ingredient for the Ms is a guy by the name of Don Wakamatsu. He has these guys playing ball and has the opponents guessing at what is going to happen. He had Griffey bunting for a base hit last week. A new aggressiveness on the bases, decent defense and good pitching. Its baseball baby! And I think Griffey is giving them some needed leadership in the club house. They are having fun and so are we as fans.

SalmoGairdneri
05-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I think you guys are missing something here. The main new ingredient for the Ms is a guy by the name of Don Wakamatsu. He has these guys playing ball and has the opponents guessing at what is going to happen. He had Griffey bunting for a base hit last week. A new aggressiveness on the bases, decent defense and good pitching. Its baseball baby! And I think Griffey is giving them some needed leadership in the club house. They are having fun and so are we as fans.

+1
+1
+1!

I listen to these jokers fair weather or foul. I fear the M's wings will soon get melty as they soar too close to the sun, but it's been incredibly fun so far. The method of play has been different and better so far. A heap rests on career performances from washburn, the king and to a lesser extent bedard, but take nothing away from Wakamatsu.

Fun times for baseball fans in seattle for once in several.

Cheers!

-t

p.s. On a non-related but fishing note. I went up to coronet bay to launch my boat this morning. Got there at 05:45. There was at least a half hour wait and all the parking was gone. WTF!!!! I bailed and drove home. I'm not sure I've ever had to wait for anyone to launch there before & certainly never been even withing 50 rigs of a parking problem. WTF!!!

juro
05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Did you go up there for the HALIBUT then? (drum roll) :lildevl:

Sorry that really does suck! I'm getting the itch to spend some time searching for early summer runs somewhere.

Moonlight
05-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Juro this is almost off topic but... I fished the Calawah the last day of April for those elusive Summer runs the water was perfect and the Trilliums and Columbine were beautiful but nothing tugging. I did see one laying in the lazy water at the tail end of the big hole below the hatchery pond so there may be a few about! The general seaon I'm told is delayed until the first weekend in June as opposed to June 1 !

juro
05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
WOW - i think they're for real

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_05_03_oakmlb_seamlb_1

Meanwhile my hometown heroes are coming to safeco - May 15-17th, summer runs should be in pretty good... hmmmm....

andre
05-05-2009, 09:09 PM
everyone just stop talking about them we don't want to jinx them. Except when the Giant are here during inter-league. Hey 1 NL and 1 AL!

Moonlight
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey OC are you out there?

FredA
07-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey OC are you out there?

Been wondering the same. Seems to have gone missing since he was prepping the boat for the new owners to cross to Fiji. Sent an e'mail about 3 weeks ago - no response.

OC
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
So glad to see the M's doing well, hope to get to a game soon. Anyone want to go let me know. I'm in Seattle till August as Nolan goes to summer school and I fix up our old boat RC LOUISE. Early August move to Hood River and time to fish the big D for all those B runs. We have plenty of room on the farm with a beautiful old log cabin on property to stay in if anyone wants come on down and fish or visit. Bring your wife or mistress if you need to, plenty of privacy.:devil:

juro
07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
OC -

How ironic, I am definitely planning on doing the D again this year. Last year was memorable and I'm not sure any year could be complete without a visit anymore.

OC
07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Juro,
Let me know when you are coming, fish must be swimming that direction by now. I guess next month is the time they show up, eh?

juro
07-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll introduce you to Eric Bigler. You might recognize the name for the epic article he wrote on the D for WSAS years ago. We floated the lower river with his last fall, just an incredible trip!

Moonlight
09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey how about those M's?? How about Don Wak he goes out monday before the Angeles game at Safeco and caught a 17 pound King salmon on a 6wt using a red and white "Clouser". He was fishing with a guide on the Kitsap Penninsula when the boat went aground so while they were waiting for it to refloat he did a little beach walk and cast session viola he scored a dandy king salmon.

Moonlight
12-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Merry Christmas Mariner Fans this looks good