Thanks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks

bonefishmon
03-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks to to all that forwarded info on the Seattle area. Still a lot of questions about fly choice for the Cuts. Doubt about Steel what with the Hoh closing early. Still searching for some one to fish with in the Puget Sound area. Will return the favor if you come out to Ct.

Phil

OC
03-29-2009, 02:40 PM
But did you catch anything? I will be around after June as we sold the boat and I have to sail it up to Fiji with new owners. Most likely won't have job when back in states so I'll need to fish to stay out of trouble. will have other boat in the canal area so give me a pm after June and I'll show you lot's of sea runs, crabs, oysters and clams. Maybe we can get Juro out there sounds like he could use some PNW fishing.

bonefishmon
03-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks OC. Sorry I missed the chance to fish with you and Fred and missed the wedding reception. Looks like a plan if I can get away. We arrive in Seatac on 4/8. Enjoy your trip.

Phil

juro
03-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Hey OC - definitely! I love Hood Canal oysters and butter clams almost as much as dungeness crab and it should not be too late for a springer filet on the grill to round off the PNW seafood feast.

Also when you come out again drop me a line, I'm officially a Chatham resident as of this past weekend :smokin:

bonefishmon
04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Juro. I spoke with Leland and hope to stop by the shop if I get a chance. He said to pass on a big HELLO! He was very helpful. Thanks the the connection. I may fish the Quilliute on the Res out of La Push due to river closings up above while the girls do the Twilight thing in Forks. The Harbor Master in La Push is going to help me out with that destination. Also planning a day hike in the back country up the Elwha. Hood Canal Bridge is closing in May and June so I'm glad we're going in April.

Phil

Doublespey
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi Phil,

Will you be based in Seattle area or Forks?? I'll probably be fishing Steelhead on either the Sauk or Skagit on the 10th and either 11th or 12th and would be happy to show you around. Give me a shout - doublespey@hotmail.com

We're getting snow today - hopefully it will warm up soon. <brrr>

Tight Lines!

Brian

Leland Miyawaki
04-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Glad I could help. Now, if only I could get the fish to eat your fly.

Leland.

bonefishmon
04-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Hi Phil,

Will you be based in Seattle area or Forks?? I'll probably be fishing Steelhead on either the Sauk or Skagit on the 10th and either 11th or 12th and would be happy to show you around. Give me a shout - doublespey@hotmail.com

We're getting snow today - hopefully it will warm up soon. <brrr>

Tight Lines!

Brian

Holy moly Brian! I fished the Sauk four years ago. Didn't hook up but had a ball trying. Please PM me your phone connection. I may just give you a shout!

Phil

bonefishmon
04-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Glad I could help. Now, if only I could get the fish to eat your fly.

Leland.

Don't worry Mon! Eat or not I will be having a ball trying. From all counts on the info I'm receiving, the Cuts will be within walking distance of my son's house on the Hood Canal thanks to it's proximity to Big Beef Creek. Should be loads of Chum Fry around! Come on down and join the fun Leland. Campfire and a we dram after fishing. I'll pick you up and bring you back to the ferry in Bremerton. I called the shop and they said don't pass up a chance to fish with the Bonefishmon!

Phil

OC
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Phil, Don't pass up the chance to fish with Brian.

Moonlight
04-04-2009, 05:37 PM
OC I was sooo looking forward to being cooped up on a small bot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (how come we don't have a little happy face with the tounge sticking out going plewww)!
Glad to hear you got the "bidness" side of your cruise finished up, have a good last sail to Fijji say hello to VJ if you run into him what with Tiger being back he might as well go home.

bonefishmon
04-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Do sea run Cuts eat flies better when it rains all week? Looking on the bright side.......at least I'll have something to do even if it is yucky out there thanks to Mr. Gore.

Phil

bonefishmon
04-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Please check your PM.

Phil