Hard Frost ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hard Frost ?

grego
09-29-2000, 08:35 AM
I live in the heart of the Shawsheen River valley, close to the NH boarder, so this may not be universal. I expected the first frost to be a weenie one. However, we got a full frost, included Ice that needed to be scrapped off the windshield! Channel 7 weather last night said that this is two weeks earlier than average! Oh, on a related topic, what do you think about ArtB's reply to RHODEYFEST post ??

Lefty
09-29-2000, 08:55 AM
32 deg. in Reading this am. (oh my tomatoes!)
27 deg in the Worcester area.

The fishing reports have been incredible lately. I'm in "Pay the Piper" mode too, no lifelines left. Oh well, some day I'll have older kids and be fishing more than Bill Downing and there will be some young guy with young kids up to his nose in diapers envying my posts!

On the tying bench, finishing up a couple of Olive White Bunkers tonight. Hey Greg, if you want to drop bye after the wee ones are in bed we could tie some up.

All I can think of is PI Wildlife Refuge at high tide. What are you guys dreaming of today? West Wall bait Pods getting smashed? Oh I know, CHATHAM RIP. The Esteys swing with the Deep Eel. Right?

Terry

grego
09-29-2000, 09:36 AM
Terry,

I picked & roasted the last of my tomatoes last night.

I also, tied up some long sand-eels, inspired by some of the Plates from Ed Mitchell's Book. They didn't come out great.

Tonight I have to go home, eat, do some house cleaning, pack my fishing gear and then head to Al_D's. We're going to do the "Wham Bam, thank you Mam" Chatham run Sat. Morning.