Bear's Den Show [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bear's Den Show

jfbasser
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Another highlight to the winter months. Great to see all the Forum folks about: Flydoc, Guernsey, Adrian, Fred A, Fish Hawk, Craig, Juro, Slinger, Sean J, Pete, PEC, Warren, etc etc...big turnout for a nice day. A wide array of tiers and talks and plently of rods to wiggle and reels to spin. :biggrin: The informal lunch we had at the bar was great as well....and Skok and I created a secret fly totally inappropriate for the flats that did not use flash blend which seems to be the material of the year :-)

Warren
03-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Basser is right on, nice show and a great way to get out of the house & thinking about fishing again. It was good to see all the boys again. We BSed some and over lunch, the Forum Navy made tentative plans to assault an estuary near you or drink scotch, maybe even both! :hihi:

FishHawk
03-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Great to see old fishing mates. :D I missed seeing Slinger. Spent most of the day BSing.We had a guest appearance of Chris from Maine. The lunch was where all the plans of the new season was hatched. I'm the first to get a look at Basser's new secret fly.:biggrin: Good to chat with Adrian , Paul C., Warren, Sean Juan, Craig, Fred A Mark, and Frank F. Ran into old friends like Bob Ford ect. and who can forget Paxton and his son along with the Flydoc and the Penguin. :D
FishHawk

juro
03-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I love what Scott is doing... kudos man the show rocks. My only regret is that I did not take rods outside to cast away the winter cobwebs.

Paxton
03-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Great time as usual and nice to see old friends and regulars.........my only suggestion for next year is that we all attend the show wearing polarized glasses, waders and hats.....there were many that I didn't recognize in their civies ....my apologies to Warren....had to look twice to make sure that was indeed Craig.....thank God Adrian was talking....that one was easy :)
Of course alternatively, we can wear photos of ourselves in full regallia on our chests.:hihi:
Loved observing the fly tiers...always learn something new.
Many thanks to Bear's Den for breaking up the winter in a great way.
Ron

FredA
03-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Great show as usual. I'm with Pax, I have trouble recognizing people without the hat. The Cuban sandwich was great but the 2 Bass Ale's had me a bit drowsy so I missed the Mills presentation, which I was looking forward to. As always it was great to see everyone...that I recognized.

Smcdermott
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Mill's talk was awesome. Really nice of him to share all those years of experience with a bunch of guys from the north. Only problem is my urge to get a after the silver just got worse.

Sean

striblue
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry I missed it, just got back from Florida today.

Adrian
03-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry I missed the early birds but it was a great show and nice to meet up with so many folks. Dave Nelson was tying up some really nice stuff and found he he has a restaurant about an hours drive from us :smokin:

Pulled the trigger on a new reel - just couldn't pass up that deal :lildevl:

polareyez
03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
It was nice to see the usual suspects. Although, I have to admit I didn't recognize Craig at first but, I recognized his voice. Maybe we should wear numbers and carry a program....Adrian was too easy to recognize by voice, Fishhawk, Warren and Penguin were easy. After seeing Flydoc at last year's show without a hat, it was easy to identify him this year. It was a fun time to see everybody.

Anybody headed to the Cape today? :chuckle:

flydoc
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
The Cuban sandwich was great but the 2 Bass Ale's had me a bit drowsy....
As most of you may have noticed, the 2 Bass Ale's knocked me right out- I spent the two hours after lunch snoozing on one of the couches. By that time it was 4 PM, and I decided to call it a day after paying my respects to Paul C. Good to see the group again after the long, cold winter months. More lousy weather today:mad: Looking forward to my trip to FL at the end of the month- to hang with the parents and get in some kayak fishing on Sarasota Bay- will hopefully hook into a nice redfish this time.
See y'all at the Clave (if not sooner),
Flydoc