02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
any ideas for raising server costs for the site are welcomed

(PM or post)

petevicar
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
What do you need?

Dave17
02-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't think it needs to be anything overly creative. Let us know what you need and I'm sure people will contribute what they can.

I've gotten so much from this site over the years that the very least I can do is help out with some of the cost.

juro
02-23-2009, 04:55 PM
ok I will give it some thought. work schedule eating up cycles at the moment - i'll pour a shot and think about it later

Dble Haul
02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Juro-

If you have a Paypal set up for the site, I would certainly be willing to donate some funds. I have a feeling that I wouldn't be the only one.

juro
02-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Made a big move last night - we're moving to a less expensive server. It's been ordered and there's work to do but it will save us quite a bit over time.

Sponsors and schwag next.

petevicar
02-24-2009, 07:59 AM
I thought you were interested in raising server costs.:hihi:

jimS
02-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Member contributions should be a non-issue when one considers the relationships and information gained through the forum. I know of at least one business willing to sponsor.

Doublespey
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey Juro,

These were the informal Bread & Butter of the Forum in years past.

Get some of the experienced locals in each region to host a trip for one or more anglers. Food, drink, and a chance to learn a new fishery (or area).

Auction them off and I'm sure you'd net a grand or two. I'm sure that would help with server costs.

Tight Lines!

Brian

andre
02-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Brian,

Thanks for the reminder, I bought a SW trip from Leland last time we auctioned so trips. I've never taken it.

n1gdo
02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I talked to my friend Ted Lewis today.

He is a guide on the Pro Staff at Scott and a premier fly tyer.

When I told him that the forum may need help, he offered a guided trip for one person to either the Farmington River or the Westfield River.

I believe he said for late April.

Juro he said he has met you at some of the shows before.

If you set up something to start auctioning off trips let me know and I will
confirm with Ted and perhaps you can generate some funds for the forum.

Doublespey
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the reminder, I bought a SW trip from Leland last time we auctioned so trips. I've never taken it.

You'd enjoy it - he's King of the Beach and knows some great spots.

juro
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys

I am going to read through these and follow up. Keep the ideas coming!