Jack Goslin-R.I.P [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Jack Goslin-R.I.P

KMcFly
11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
The gang at S.Beach lost a great one Thurs. 17th. Jack Goslin AKA Philly Jack lost a two year battle to cancer. Jack saw some of the great years and some big fish. The pic is of april 08 trip and shortly after things went downhill.
Jack- May your casts be long,may your strikes be hard and may your drag scream to the tales of Chatham's past. R.I.P buddy

striblue
11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Very sorry to hear that...What you said at the end of your notice. RIP

jimS
11-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Jack was a fixture on the elbow during June and September. His passion for flyfishing and his quiet demeanor will be missed by all his Cape buddies. Condolences to his wife and daughter.

juro
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
When the next break occurs he'll be there first in spirit, and be the last to leave.

Stevo
11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I only met him a couple of times - once at Jim & Pam's 'cook-out' at the Stone Horse, back in June '07. He came across to me as one of lifes nice guys.
Any battle lost to that disease is a sad one and my condolences go to his family.

Alun
11-21-2008, 11:43 AM
The first time I met Jack he was running along Hardings beach being towed by a 36" striper, spent some great days in his company and learned a lot from him, truly a great guy.