Anybody going to be in BVI mid November [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anybody going to be in BVI mid November

wet line
10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi. Just checking to see if anybody is going to be in the British Virgin Islands around mid November and maybe wants to link up and chase some bonefish or whatever else is around inshore.

I'll be sailing in and so unfortunately won't know an exact date I will arrive...but if you are going to be there anyway and want to split the cost of a guide and boat let me know. Maybe even head over to Anegada. I am hoping to be arriving the 10th or 11th and fishing the 12th.

There's not a lot of info out there on fly fishing in the BVIs but the little I've heard and read tell me it's worth giving it a shot.

thanks,
jon

juro
10-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Not mid-November, but I plan on a low-budget remote exploration in the BVI when I am at the brink of insanity from a northeast winter - February. I hear November is the swarming pilchards shoreward push with beach tarpon in tow on BVI, but you have to have information on where they are in order to get in on the fracas.

wet line
10-29-2008, 09:55 PM
The way this winter is being talked up as a potentially nasty one, the brink of insanity might have arrived by January :eek:

That sounds like a neat trip, the area doesn't seem to get hammered nearly as much as some other spots. Part of that might be due to the outrageous guide fees there. $850 for a full day (not sure if that is 6 hours or 8 hours)...that's insane!!

I am hoping we arrive with enough time for me to get out and check the place out. Anegada sounds sweet

Beach Tarpon in tow of little baitfish sounds sweet too!

Swalt
10-30-2008, 07:49 AM
The BVI is a destination for the rich and famous and those guys take advantage of that. There are flats on Tortola and Virgin Gorda that you can get to and sometimes find fish without guides.
There are good guides on Anegada for about half that unless they have raised prices.

wet line
10-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I am hoping to get to Anegada, where I would consider paying the lesser guide fee but if I am kept to Tortola then mostly likely will DIY.

thanks,
jon