Help Needed! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Help Needed!

Frogfish
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey guys,

I'm doing an I-Search paper for my highschool advanced writing class, and I'm exploring the reasons why fishing has transformed from a means to obtain food to an activity that is now widely rooted in sport and fun. So, a big part of my paper is WHY people fish nowadays...what are their motives, reasons, and ideas behind their passion of fishing. Is it because of the people we fish with, or because of the solitude and personal reflection unrivaled in other arenas...

If you want to partake in a survey/interview through email to help me gain insight into these inner motives for fishing, could you please send me a PM

I will not use your full name without permission, and everyone will receive the same basic interview questions, and some different ones. If you decide that you do not want to participate after the interview, I will honor your request. These questions may be a little personal, because I want to shed light on what truly drives us to call ourselves fisherman.

Thanks! Your help will be greatly appreciated. This paper MAY be published...
-Santosh

Frogfish
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry, send me a PM and I'll send you my email.

juro
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
If this was not the 21st century, and we could leave our cubicles without getting fired - guys like us would be on the expedition with Lewis and Clark. I know I would.

Any outdoor activity is a way of relating to the true earth, the one that is often obscured by concrete and steel.

I firmly believe that the popularity of flyfishing, kayaking, hiking, etc - all help modern man (and woman) connect with the underlying truths of life found only in nature.

Frogfish
10-21-2008, 09:10 PM
That's really beautiful Juro. Your words describe, in a poetic and romantic way, the essense of flyfishing and other activities in which we can become closer to nature.

Would you mind participating in an email 'interview'?

juro
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
I think I blew my creative wad with that one :lildevl:

Frogfish
10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Are you sure you don't have anything left up in the attic? :tongue: