Boston/Plymouth area from shore [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boston/Plymouth area from shore

Gseries69
10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Wondering if any one would be willing to give up some info on the Plymouth Boston area. I live in Vermont and spend most weekends on the Cape. Boston is about 3 hours from home making it more managable for the drive home. On my last day of the weekend I typically fish the morning from the kayak, come mid day I clean up the kayak equip and the house and look for areas to fish close to the bridge to shorten the ride home. I usually fish the canal or Scituate Beach but the canal is only fishable with the flyrod at or close to high tide and I've never had any luck on the beach. Are there any places I could hit on the way home to catch that magical time at low light and still get home in time to catch the 4th Q of the football game?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

nmbrowncom
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
you may want to try the wallaston beach area. it is right off the expressway (93) at the neponset exit which is in boston. the area has shallow flats, a little river which dumps into the bay and miles of shoreline. there is easy access, tons of parking and numerous fish & chip type places as well as a dunkin donuts and a cvs.. it has traditionally been a great fall spot, but this year has been anything but traditional.
good luck