Fishing from a boat [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing from a boat

Gseries69
09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi guys,

I've been fishing CC for a few years now from shore and kayak but I've got a buddy coming with a boat and am lost as to where to start. Not looking for any spots to be burned just general information on where to put in and start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially considering the price of gas.

Much thanks.

juro
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Launches don't burn spots... if it were me I would launch at:

South side - Saquatucket in Harwich.
North side - Sesuit in Dennis.

Depending on the boat, you should be able to range into a lot of fish from these locations. If the fishing is better west then you can launch at Veterans on the west side of Bass River or down on Lewis Bay.

If it's real windy on the south side do the bay and vice-versa.

I have not been in town lately but this time of year the birds will tell you what to do.

Good luck.

BigDave
09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
The marine forecast/wind direction on the day you are fishing should narrow it down for you.

From what I have seen and heard, surface action is still pretty lean on the cape. You might want to consider Montauk if you get the weather for it.

FishHawk
09-24-2008, 05:14 AM
I would launch out of Barn Island in Ct and fish the Race. This is not a secret UDL.
You'll have shots at albies , bass and blues. On of the best areas to fish in the North East . Little Rhody is the place to fish in the Fall.
FishHawk

Bfb58
09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
GSeries,

Totally agree w/Juro.

Would add Sequatucket is good for stripers, blue and albies. South about 9 miles would put you in good striper and albie territory. Blues will be everywhere along the way.

Sesuit would be best for stripers, blues and if you take the ride to the 100'+ mark possibly tuna (7-8+ miles).

Brian