Rip Trip Signup for Sept 27th [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip Signup for Sept 27th


jimS
09-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Please indicate if you want to commit to a Rip Trip to South Monomoy on Saturday, Sept 27th. This may be our last opportunity for the year to go. We can accommodate 12 for the trip @ $50 each. We would leave at 7 a.m. from Stage Harbor Marina on Bridge Street and return from the rip at 4 p.m.

striblue
09-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Jim , I am In.... If I can get one of my sons I will.

Penguin
09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
'All over that like white on rice...
Pleeeze...Save me a seat!
Danke!
Standing by to stand by...
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/T-Tail1.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/Picture018.jpg

striblue
09-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Pete, great... atleast we can get out , fish or no fish...I will have one son for sure and Jim will have his two sons...so far that would make 6 so far.

Warren
09-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Looks like it will be a good outing. I will be deer hunting in Quebec so I will not make it for the finale. I hope you guys can pull it off & catch some fish. I believe I will be putting up my Saltwater fishing gear for the year & pulling down the Shotgun for some upland game shooting.

I suspect I will see some of you over the winter I hope & if I don't, I will see you next spring.

flydoc
09-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Unfortunately I will also be occupied that weekend:(
Best of luck to those that can go.

Warren- does the season start that early up in Quebec, or are these tribal lands that can set their own dates for open season? As for my own hunting plans, I'm grinding my teeth over bowhunting vs waterfowling vs some combination of the two (may not have enough time/$$$ for the latter option, given my workload and the need to help Uncle Sam with that $700+ billion bailout package:mad: )
Flydoc

jimS
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Here is the preliminary tally for the rip trip:
JimS
Brad Simms
Sephon
James Simms
Penguin
Striblue & son

I think PEC54 is also a go. That makes 8 and we can take 12.

Paxton
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Well Jim, of all the days both Garry and I have committments that day...he a wedding and me, family Sept birthday celebtrations (5 of us born that month).
Was really hoping to get out there this yr fish or no fish.
Hope to hook up with you sometime this coming week...open Tues/Wed and fri

Good luck to all who do the rip.

Ron

vtloon
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I seem to have lost a short-term argument with a Deer-tick., so it's unlikely I'll make it down this weekend. We're planning a Tuna and Albie trip on 3 &4 Oct; so, if a rip trip materializes for Oct 5th, could work.

Splake
09-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Jim, I would like to go. Please sign me up.

highway61
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Jim.....I can't make it this weekend. Is it possible to arrange one for Oct 5/6 too?

Steve

striblue
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Jim, If todays weather forcast for Saturday is right...I don't think we will be able to pull this off. It maybe the following weekend as a last ditch effort for the season...you can make the call after to speak with Keith

Warren
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately I will also be occupied that weekend:(
Best of luck to those that can go.

Warren- does the season start that early up in Quebec, or are these tribal lands that can set their own dates for open season? As for my own hunting plans, I'm grinding my teeth over bowhunting vs waterfowling vs some combination of the two (may not have enough time/$$$ for the latter option, given my workload and the need to help Uncle Sam with that $700+ billion bailout package:mad: )
Flydoc


Hi Jim,

Just now getting back to the BB after a few days of not logging on. ( Juro if you read this server times out for me early in the morning and some evenings. I do not know if it is a local server or something else. All other sites load fine)

I digress.

The hunting season on Anticosti Island starts the first week of September. It was two weeks earlier a few years back, but recently it has been moved back. BTW bow season here in NH starts Sept 15 & runs through Dec 15. You should move Doc!...LOL

jimS
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Capt. Keith has informed me this a.m. that the deteriorating weather forecast for this weekend will cancel our Rip Trip plans. Wind and rain beginning tonight and continuing thru the weekend will shutdown boating on the Cape. As soon as I get a confirmation from Capt Keith that we can schedule another trip for next Saturday, I'll initiate a new post/signup sheet.