Tibor Gulf Stream w/speed handle [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tibor Gulf Stream w/speed handle

fishordie
09-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Gulf Stream with 2008 new style speed handle in standard gold color. Name plate is blank, reel is not registered yet. Comes in original pouch and box. Used lightly 5 days and taken care of extremely well. EX+ condition. $500 + shipping. Money order in USD only, please.

salmo
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
What is wrong with this one ?

fishordie
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Nothing is wrong with this one. It's just that I bought a second Mako 9600 (and am waiting for a 9700B) which will make this Gulf Stream unused in the future. It's a very nice reel, no doubt. I especially love that sound when the line is going out at high speed. But, the more I use the Mako, the higher my respect for the Mako and the man producing them gets. I recently had an opportunity to play with the Charlton Signature 8550, and thought that the Mako 9600 is an improvement over the Signature series. So, I'm making my life simpler by using the Mako for almost all of my saltwater fishing. I wish I could keep the Gulf Stream for my friends to use, but cannot quite afford to do that.

Salmo, I think you need a reel different from the Danielsson just for a change. Want to take this one? :biggrin:

fishordie
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
The reel is sold.