where should I rack my boat? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: where should I rack my boat?

tomd
09-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm in Waquoit now, but MAN!!! too freakin expensive!Pier 37 in Falmouth is just as expensive. I'm thinking of Sesuit or Bass river(cuz they're cheaper) or I'm open to other suggestions.

what else is there to do in these areas besides my main goal of fishing?

where I am now the kids can tube in Waquoit bay, and we can run over to the Vineyard.

thanks, Tom D

josko
09-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Have you thought about trailering instead?

juro
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I love Sesuit as a launch point for fishing. Can't get to the Vineyard though without great difficulty :)

FredA
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Northside mariner at sesuit gives you good proximity to barnstable harbor,
p-town, whales, etc and nice beaches to beach the boat at for the family (just give us wading fisher folks a wide berth). Some years the fishin's good too (not this year though). Bass river gives reasonable proximity to monomoy, nantucket or MV.

Lots of flat water on the bayside this summer for tubing, not so good for sailing (or the fishing I suspect), hope it changes next year.

BigDave
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
IMO sesuit and the bay have much better fishing and recreational opportunities than vineyard sound - not to mention more fishable days due to protection from the SW.

Redfisher
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Also fewer foggy days on the bay and fewer boats most days.

Dan.

tomd
09-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Josko, I like not trailering(this is my 1st year racking). my wife was about to torch my boat if it stayed in the driveway any longer. and I can always bring the trailer down to move from north to south etc... in case of bad wind direction.
I was more looing for what kind of things I can do with the family when not fishing.

Tom D