Weekend Reports? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekend Reports?

juro
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
With the start of the fall season (in the northern hemisphere) please post reports of your ventures over the weekend.

No need to expose locations, just how you did in your geographical areas thanks!

Mine: I wasn't fishing but my daughter landed the prize catch of a lifetime, a great husband and his warm and loving family.

Finni
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I hit the beach here in Puget Sound both mornings and was only rewarded with a 8" silver...not very impressive. The only other fish I saw caught was a 7lb silver by the guy next to me. Apparently it was great grilling.

Finni

FredA
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Juro!

Fished sat am between rain drops (a couple of biblical squalls). Pretty dead (re; no change in the pattern) making my way down the beach. Finally reminded of what a tug felt like at the creek. Bit off by a bluefish. Hooked up again, this time to something more substantial. Ripped line from my basket and the line got wrapped around the reel, then broke off. Coulda been a big bluefish but suspect striper.

petevicar
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Congrats Juro.

I also wasn't fishing. I was sitting in a recording studio with a couple of bitches.

The results will be good though.
I you want I can send you a rough mix sample.

Pete

juro
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys.

Finni I hope to see some Miyawaki popper action soon myself when I fly out on business again. Fred I hope the peabunker get up on the flats this fall. Pete I would like very much to check out your mixing/mastering work I'm sure it's much better than mine :)

bonefishmon
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
South County has come to a crawl since Hanna.

Phil

flydoc
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Juro- belated congrats to the new father-in-law...will be looking for the next generation of ninja flyrodders to hit the shorelines in another 15 yrs or so:smokin:
Flydoc

highway61
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I just read Paxton's report on the dismal state of satlwater fishing this season. My own trips form NH have been similar. Other than a few Blues blitzes the stripers have been few and far between this season. My last trip to the Cape was in mid August. I'm not heading back until I hear from you guys that the fish are there! Soooo, I decided to focus on freshwater. Even there, due to too much rain, many of the rivers have been blown out all summer. The one exception (that I know of) is the Deerfield. I have been going up there 2- 3 times a week over the last month. The fishing has been fantastic! I have been heading up there in the late afternoon after the kayakers are gone. Just about anywhere in the Zoar section of the river you will find browns and rainbows, many of them in the 16 " range. I was up in the C&R section on Saturday. The first hour was slow, but by 4:30 the trout were rising. After a frustrating 1/2 hour trying to figure out what they were after, I began hooking up on #18 blue winged olives. There is nothing better than rising trout to a drifting dry fly. Later, they repsonded to #20 cream midges. In the space of 3 hours I had caught 17. As the action slowed I moved over to slow water pool where smaller trout were rising all around me. As I fished I was joined by a couple of beavers slapping the water with their tails. It was kinda of cool sharing the pool, me at one end of the pool and the beavers at the other end. So...If you have the time, check out the deerfield, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Steve

striblue
09-15-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't see why we should not try a rip trip...why not... nice weather, a great day out ,at a great location. Fish or no fish... we will not know until we get there and if no fish so what... we can walk that location and rib each other... and get out.... Jim Sims is checking with Keith... I have 3 tuna trips planned.... and I will expect Jim and FishHawk to be available... maybe...maybe... a drop off at the rip and a later pick up. I guess the fishing is now like the stock market. CAC will be open for the next two weeks.

Penguin
09-15-2008, 09:23 PM
das Rip fix...
Pleeeze sign me up!

vtloon
09-15-2008, 09:31 PM
It's looking like barring disaster I'll be down on the weekend of 4-5 Oct. If a RT works then, I'll be in. Earlier is possible, but not planned yet.

highway61
09-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Please count me in for this weekend's RT

Steve

n1gdo
09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I will know by this afternoon if I have off the rest of the week.... would have to leave Sunday though... keep me in the loop

Thanks

striblue
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Pete! if you will go that will make my year for me. We can bust each other about our days with the CIA... FishHawk are you there?