RIP TRIPS FOR SEPT... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RIP TRIPS FOR SEPT...

jimS
09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Two issues pre-empt a rip trip this weekend.
1. Hurrican Hanna.
2. More importantly, not a lot of fish in the rip at this time.

We will continue to update on intel and conditions for getting a trip scheduled.

Paxton
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Jim......the "presence of fish" is really an important factor....I do believe someone on this site has said that many times :)
Haven't gone in 7 weeks.....house remodeling. I hope to get down sometime next week. All dependent on contractors as well.....it's almost done :smokin:
Hope to hook up with you at least once this year. it has been a strange yr to date re fish.....from the sound iof it, I haven't missed much. But right now a skunk at the shore beats plastering, trim instalation and painting.
Ron

polareyez
09-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Welcome back Jim,

It would be nice to get out to the rip at least once this fall. I'll keep checking for intel. It's been really slow, I got shut out last weekend...:frown:

The commercial season is usually closed by now because of quota limits but, this year the commercial fishermen are only at about 60% of the quota. Not a good sign.

n1gdo
09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Keep me in the loop Jim...

I have vacation time coming up in September but havent booked anything till solid reports but that may not happen this season...grrrrrrrr

Will go to MVY or Rhode Island or Chatham ... its still up in the air ...

Would be great to fish with you and Fred again..

Stay well