Vineyard Reports? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vineyard Reports?

CascoBay
08-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey all,
I have an inpromptu trip to the Vineyard on Sunday for a few days and I was wondering if there's been any reports of Bonito??? Blues or Stripes??? I'll be in Edgartown for mon-Weds if anyone is looking for someone to fish with...

Tight Lines
Aaron

JimW
08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Plenty of blues to be had, I arrived to late for the striper bite but I'd bet early AM or evening at Tashmoo or lobsterville would put you on some stripes. Bones were not showing today but that doesn't mean they won't, the beaches are chock full of 1" sand eels. Some larger blues were on the squid at hedge fence so there seems to be bait.

Good luck.

BigDave
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
There was a lot of life over by Gay Head last weekend. I second the lobsterville suggestion.

jfbasser
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
There was a lot of life over by Gay Head last weekend. I second the lobsterville suggestion.

I think all the Gay Head signs have been taken down and replaced with Aquinnah signs, so don't get lost:roll:

Quentin
08-15-2008, 06:26 PM
I think all the Gay Head signs have been taken down and replaced with Aquinnah signs, so don't get lost:roll:

Was that due to some unnecessary PC remediation measure? Or did they just keep getting stolen?? :hihi:

Q