Upper Green River [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Upper Green River

csearsdirk
08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong thread, but I was hoping to get some advice for the Upper Green River near Pinedale. What stretches are easy to arrange shuttles, fish well, and are not too difficult to row? Any advice would be appreciated, especially on good fly shops in the Pinedale area. Thanks.

Rippin_Lips
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Shuttles can be arranged. Call the 2Rivers fly shop. Plan on fishing EARLY. It shuts off by noon if not before at this time of year. Lots of private land! In WY, the stream bed is PRIVATE. Keep that in mind when floating through ranch land. Above Warren Bridge is public for quite a ways. Good water up there.

csearsdirk
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. We had a great trip. We started on the North Platte near Saratoga, then headed to the Upper Green around Pinedale. We floated above Warren Bridge, which fished very well. Then we tried the section below Dollar Lake, which wasn't that productive for trout, but we slayed whitefish. I think it was way too hot and bright outside. I've never seen such a mosquito infestation though. Finally, we explored the Gros V, and finished up with a great float on the Snake. Such a beautiful area of Wyoming and I can't wait to make another trip soon.