Bonito [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bonito

josko
07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
FWIW, bonito (Sarda sarda) have set up shop in Vineyard sound. Post here or p.m. if you'd like more details.

Whiplash
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Anything from the beaches or any of the out flows- a yes or no is enough

vtloon
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
So, the day after the Beulah 2-Hander Clave, planning begins for the Bone-Clave?

tomd
07-28-2008, 10:27 AM
from what I saw no, water temps on southside 74-76 degrees

Tom D

juro
07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I am jonesin' for some fresh tataki!

OC
07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Just to rub it in a little we had Bonito by the thousands swimming in front of our sailing vessel Hannah last week as we made the 9 day crossing from Bora Bora to Pago Pago in American Samoa. The Bonito stayed with us most of the day chasing the flying fish that spook out of the ocean surface film when our hull goes sailing by. About dark a Black Marlin going over 1000 pounds showed up to have his dinner and as you can guess we took in our hand line we just didn't want any trouble.

We for the first time have a good internet connection in many months, Tracy will be up dating our blog site soon with pictures. If anyone wants bone fish reports from far away and exotic places let me know and I will give you a few teasers about bones that are not afraid of men because they never see them walking on their flats.
Love to all
Steve and Tracy.