Effects of this storm? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Effects of this storm?

i'm so outta here
10-09-2000, 07:58 PM
Man, winter is showing his ugly face. What effect will this storm have on the migration? Does it reshuffle the deck? Will fish still be where we left them (or didn't in most cases) on Saturday? Will the bar be remodelled?

I'm eager to hear the reports over the next few days. RI may light up on Saturday....

Bob Pink
10-09-2000, 09:30 PM
Al, I was pondering the same question this afternoon at the tying bench Then a side issue popped up. This is obviously a key time for these fish to feed heavily before thier migration. It's a time when bigger baits are more plentiful and nourishing. If the the bass get forced out of the area early because of the quicly dropping water temps will it effect thier stamina and resouces to survive the winter in good condition?
As far as your original question, I hope I can be out there gathering data this Thursday...(all in the interest of research for the board, man what a sacrifice!)

i'm so outta here
10-10-2000, 10:00 AM
That's a good point, Bob. There does seem to be a lot of bait left around, and nature has a way of ensuring that it won't go to waste. I don't pretend to know much about fish biology, but on an intuitive level, I understand that as long as the source of food remains intact, they pretty much have to take advantage of it. You're a good man to give so much to the cause. Wish I could help carry that burden this week http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

Al