Angling and the Brotherhood of Man [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Angling and the Brotherhood of Man

juro
07-19-2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/bigbrothers/2008/IMG_3015.jpg

2008 Big Brother Day... kudos to all who participated.

Dave17
07-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Awesome! I miss taking part in this event. Well done guys!

flydoc
07-19-2008, 06:28 PM
True to form, Juro landed the only fish of the day:razz: I did manage to get my "big" to hookup with a bass, only for him to lose it once he had confirmed it was indeed a striper. I then strained my back trying to chase down some blitzing blues by powerwading through knee deep water....SKUNKED. Getting tough with all the changes to the refuge to pick an "optimal" time/location for this event so as to balance good weather/nonfrigid water temps with good opportunities to hook into fish without going to extremes (ie mini death march to the boat channel between North Monomoy and Hardings/Stage Harbor inlet). Regardless, a good time was had by all (especially those who wore waders and thus avoided becoming a meal for the ravenous greenhead flies).
Looking forward to it again next year...maybe a little earlier in the season to increase the fish/greenhead ratio:lildevl:
Flydoc

Warren
07-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Regardless, a good time was had by all (especially those who wore waders and thus avoided becoming a meal for the ravenous greenhead flies).
Flydoc

Who?....Me? :mad: Man those little buggars were murder, I itched for a week. Of course our resident medical genius was smart enough to avoid them. I'll know better next time:hihi:

That kid in the pic above, was hilarious. He had a great time, I am glad to see he won the rod.