short bonefiishing video [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: short bonefiishing video

Vince
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Here is a short video from my April trip to Eleuthera. It may take a few minutes to initially load. Enjoy!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2997288&alb=0

n1gdo
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Very nicely done... makes me want to go back to both places... NOW !

JusBones
07-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Vince,

YER KILLING ME !!!!!!!!!! Great video !!!!! The first hooked bone was a perfect, rod lift, trout technique and he STILL hooked up !!!! Believe me I am no pro, and have lost more than a few using fresh water techniques....TIP IN THE WATER >>>>STRIP STRAIGHT........!!:hihi:

Vince
07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys. I had fun making it too!

The scene with the rod bent was filmed at the end of the fight. No trout sets here!

It would be pretty hard to film a bonefish hookset by yourself.

JusBones
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Opps, it was the guy with the beard, not the first bent rod.....hey, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.........:smile:

juro
07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Of particular note is the behavior of the beach bones and the one bone's ability to dig with a quick fierce motion. I've often seen the result of mudding from above but with the flashing down there and amount of silt kicked up I can imagine there is some serious carnage going on for the poor little critters living in the sand.

Henry
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Great Job Vince!

That's quite the "short" production...worthy of an "Outdoor Life" episode!!!

The sight of those bones cruising and feeding along what I presume was an "Atlantic-side" beach raised "wood" on this old fisherman, and that's quite an accomplishment these days!!!...he he!!!.

When you see fish that happy...you just "know" they're going to eat!!!...that's unless a person just totally blows it!!!

Once again, thanks for the memories!

PS. especially like your choice of background music!. Mind telling me who that was?. Wouldn't mind hearing some more of his stuff.

Henry

Vince
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Henry. That's Bob Dylan on vocals--lots of good stuff there.

I still get excited watching it!